LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best drivers for Macbook Pro 2.4

Guest Napalm

I have a Macbook pro 2.4Ghz with the Nvidia 8600m GT gfx card and the 17inch glossy screen.

I'm currently running the 169.04 driver from this site :) and have benchmarked using 3Dmark06.

I averaged 4140 over a few runs before I tried the 169.09 driver.

My score dropped by quite a lot with the latter driver so I rolled back to the 169.04 for the time being.

Is anyone else using the same spec Macbook as me and what drivers do you use/recommend and what 3Dmark06 scores do you get?

Just thought it would be interesting to see what other folks use and what performance could be gained by using different drivers.

I have a Macbook pro 2.4Ghz with the Nvidia 8600m GT gfx card and the 17inch glossy screen.

I'm currently running the 169.04 driver from this site :) and have benchmarked using 3Dmark06.

I averaged 4140 over a few runs before I tried the 169.09 driver.

My score dropped by quite a lot with the latter driver so I rolled back to the 169.04 for the time being.

Is anyone else using the same spec Macbook as me and what drivers do you use/recommend and what 3Dmark06 scores do you get?

Just thought it would be interesting to see what other folks use and what performance could be gained by using different drivers.

Just tried the 167.45 driver and I'm getting an almost identical benchmark in 3Dmark06 as I did with the 169.04 driver.

Going to leave it and see how it performs in the real world.

I'm running Vista home premium BTW.