LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer 5720g VGA drivers

effalc

Hi all, i have recently purchased a 5720g laptop with Vista on it. I was unhappy with Vista and Dual booted XP on it, However i still have to use Vista as the ATI VGA drivers from Acer's own support site will not install, they tell me it the file path name is to long and bang, no install! It also wont let me install the Drivers for the 8400 card, but i have found the modded inf file and will try that tonight. Any ideas on how to fix this as i really dont want Vista on my system. I have everything working except the graphics card.....sort need it to he he. Any help or hints appreciated.

Thanks

Effalc

Gee i love computers! My flash drive died last night so no files made it home, will have round two tonight.

Question? If the drivers for the 8400 install successfuly, will i still need to install the VGA drivers or are they in the nvidia forceware aswell?

Thanks

Effalc

Modded Inf worked perfectly! Just need to find out what four other things are on there and im all done, Vista is kaput.

Thank you to the people involved in hosting and modding the .inf files and the drivers.