LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Advanced Timings (GF 8600, Quadro 360M)

Sergey Khekhnev

Hello,

I have a big trouble using my laptop Dell Precision 4300 with some external device (graphical multiplexor) through the VGA port. I need to setup special timing from the device timing list (as my partners doing with M90 and Quadro 2500M).

But in control panel for my FX 360M (Windows XP) I don't have an ability to use the advanced timing options. There is no such option you can select. Does anybody know if this card support the advanced timig options and how I can access to it.

I already asked my company to buy me another laptop. My company say they can buy me Dell Vostro 1700 with GF 8600. Does anybody know if GF 8600 support the advanced timing options I can select from control panel for this card (Windows XP).

Thanks.

It is a driver issue. I know for a fact that some of the newer drivers do NOT have support for advanced timings, you might need a slightly older driver. (Nvidia mentions this about the drivers in the change logs)

Your graphics card should support it just fine though. Look for an older 1xx series driver. (not 15x or 16x)