LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.28 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Guest Professor_Spank_It
Very unstable with my laptop. Games have slightly better framerates but it suffers from spiking. So it either dips extremely low or higher than average. I'm going back to 169.04, which is the best so far.

Ditto. Crysis and COD4 now run like arse on my Alienware m9750. Random framerate dips as if my CPU and GPUs were throttling back because of temperatures...overall, my framerates have gone down in Crysis by about 30%, and have horrible stuttering and spiking. Much less stable than 169.21 (which I have now reinstalled).

Interestingly, nVidia has re-released the 169.28 Beta ("Crysis v1.1 Patch Driver") driver as of yesterday. It appears to be the same, but perhaps they have optimized it and/or fixed the performance issues. Will the 169.28 driver on this site be updated??

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LSudlow

• Bill

• garyduo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest EastWind

For some reason nvsvc32.exe insists on accessing random files, mostly NVCPL.dll, periodically, which makes for an extremely irritating flicker of my HDD. Anyone experience this and know how to turn it off?

Guest EastWind

Update: Any driver, even international ones, try to access NVCPLDEU.dll every 2-3 seconds (German XP). The file does not exist, and if I just copy NVCPL.dll to NVCPLDEU.dll, it tries to access NVCPLDEUDEU.dll. Sweet, huh? Anyone have a solution? Would be appreciated.

Hey there,

I've got kind of a strange issue with these drivers and others of the 169.xx series: I use(d) them with my 7600Go on a FSC Pi1556 notebook, running Windows XP with all important updates.

As long as I use the computer, everything works very fine. But when being afk for a while my notebook would show a blue screen for a moment: Some major hardware problem, computer has to be restartet in order not to damage the hardware etc. The problem occurs with module nv4_disp.dll - which is the graphics driver afaik.

At the time being I was not able to get knowledge of the reason for this bluescreen, nor do I know when exactly it happens. I already tried not to allow the notebook to go in sleep mode etc. but it wouldn't help.

Does someone know this issue or have an idea what I could do to get more information?

Greetings,

Chew

Hi

I own a DELL Precision M6300 NB with a Quadro FX1600M GraphicsCard

I have the same problem as you describe even with the intila release drivers from DELL

so i tried a couple of diff drivers to fix that Bluescreen issues (i go also a bluescreen when i hit ctrl-alt-del, when changing screen res, when configurate double screen and lik you when go to system standby)

The reason so i guess is in the dedicated build in memory playing not right together with the system memory.

All that drivers say the the card has 512 MB which is not correct the card use 256 MB from the systems memory (RAM)

I found a driver 167.58 on this forum which solve all the problems above and runs smoth and fast, this drivers says in systeminformation of the nvidia control Pannel that the card has 256Mb dedicated Memory and together with RAM it can manage 512 MB of VideoRam.

So i hope that there are no more very boring BleuScreens now.

System now runs for the first time since delivery (30th of Nov 2007) in a stable mode

Hope that 167.58 Driver will fix your problems also and fit to the card in your NB

regards

Christopher

Guest Ryan Govostes

I'm using a MacBook Pro (GeForce 8600M GT) with an external Dell 20" display. The native resolution for the display is 1680x1050; however, when I set the active resolution to this I get a highly stretched (around 1.5x wider, and maybe 30 pixels taller) display.

This didn't happen with an earlier driver, though I can't remember what I'm upgrading from. I'm going back one by one trying to find where the bug was introduced but it will take a while. Any tips to save me some work?

Hi there this update works perfectly on my laptop but only problem is when I leave it alone for awhile I get a black screen and no way to undo it. Is there anyway to solve this?

First, make sure you aren't just going into Suspend or Hibernation mode. If that's not the problem, go into the nvidia control panel and disable PowerMizer and see if that solves it.

If it still happens, try a driver that worked previously. That way you can tell if it's a driver problem or something else.

When I click on the drv_drivers.gifDriver link it tries to load the file:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/165series/16928.exe

but then gives up and redirects me to (this also happens if I right click > Save As):

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

it's doing this both on IE6 and FF. Why is this?

Also on that main page under the Latest Drivers menu on the right it says the latest XP 32bit driver is 156.83, why does it not list 169.28?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by 5614

but then gives up and redirects me to (this also happens if I right click > Save As):

Also on that main page under the Latest Drivers menu on the right it says the latest XP 32bit driver is 156.83, why does it not list 169.28?

Thanks in advance!

download not working for me either.

Thanks in advance!

Same problem this sucks.

You guys should just click the download link (no right click), from this page. (so the referrer link is lv2go)

If the download link is not working your browsers are broken and you need to install or re-install firefox.

I reinstalled FF and cleared all cache / temporary files / cookies etc. etc. and it still doesn't work (left or right click).

I am on a university network. The only things it blocks is rapidshare and P2P networks (all of them!). Is it possible that this is also blocking this download?

If so then another question is: am I correct in saying that only the inf file is modded? Can I download these drivers from another site, use your modded .inf (which I can download fine) and instal the drivers that way?

Thanks. :)

Edited by 5614

Hey Tanis,

thanks for your advice. Now I use 167.58 which seems to work better. Unfortunately, I got one blue screen in the past days all the same. Let's observe it... :)

Greets,

Chew

I think the driver upload failed when he got the new version.

Now we know why.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=17030

I tried to start a New Post on the problem that I have, but even though I registered

and I logged in I was told that I am not allowed to start a new Post.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-51M with a Video Device ID (Mobile): (0426) GeForce 8400M GT

and I have tried the modified .inf file = nv4_disp and the Driver = 8425

But just near the end of the instructions on this LINK

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

the whole instalation stops responding

Can youn help please Bill I am dowgrading the Sony to XP-Pro SP2.

Best Regards

Tony

Guest Lucason

I have problems with this driver, I can't light my display from Sleeping or when I just close cover. It's dark and notebook doesn't react, I have to restart it with Off-button.. Does anybody now what is wrong or what I should do? Thanks

Guest desert rat

hi. im out in the great sandy desert of iraq. my laptop is in need of a driver upgrade. now before i begin i convert my hp pavillion dv9429us from vista to windows xp pro. now my problem is finding the right driver for my card which is a nvidia geforce go 6150. now i aint to smart with computers but just wonderinf would this driver work with my card?? i did see it in the compatibility window but i didnt know if it can used with a laptop and what not. the military net geeks out here arent to bright to talk to about it. if anyone can say yes it

ll work fine with my go 6150 that would be fine enough. just a matter of downloading without timing out then. thank you. the desert rat.

With the modified INF file it should work.

Just unpack the driver, replace the INF, and install.

Without the mod INF it will only work with the cards in the list in the first post.

To Lucason: My laptop's LCD turns on and off when I open and close it just fine with this driver.

What card do you have?

If this one doesn't work maybe 169.21 will. Or the latest 167 drivers.

hi. im out in the great sandy desert of iraq. my laptop is in need of a driver upgrade. now before i begin i convert my hp pavillion dv9429us from vista to windows xp pro. now my problem is finding the right driver for my card which is a nvidia geforce go 6150. now i aint to smart with computers but just wonderinf would this driver work with my card?? i did see it in the compatibility window but i didnt know if it can used with a laptop and what not. the military net geeks out here arent to bright to talk to about it. if anyone can say yes it

ll work fine with my go 6150 that would be fine enough. just a matter of downloading without timing out then. thank you. the desert rat.

should work fine, its compatible and seems like .28 is a really good one (been getting good performance out of it).

vista sucks, go to xp (for laptops anyways).

do u have the rest of the drivers u need? you don't want to be stuck in iraq with a laptop running xp and missing a network driver or what-not. Make sure you get everything first.

Good luck.