LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.28 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Guest desert rat

:) well i tried and i failed at it. but im back up and asking for help. i made sure i had the old drivers on hand which are old. 101.29. back before god flipped the light switch and said "i need new video drivers." what i did was uninstall the old ones and tried to install 169.28. the srtup went thorugh and got to the wizard screen saying "the nvidia setup program could not locate an drivers that are compatible with ur current hardware." my brain farted. i dont understand that but maybe some can. :) any help is greatly appreciated. thank you the desert rat.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LSudlow

• Bill

• garyduo

• AndrewSh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am currently using the 169.09 XP 32bit drivers on an Dell XPS M1730 laptop running Nvidia GeForce 8700M GT cards and we are trying to output the following:

Resultion: 1920x1200 or 1920x1080

Refresh Rate: 50Mhz

Colour Depth: 32bit

However we can only get the driver to give us 16bit colour depth.

Will this new 169.28 driver allow us to do this or is there a simple hax i can do to allow this colour depth?

Thnx Muchly

Edited by Nu773r

:) well i tried and i failed at it. but im back up and asking for help. i made sure i had the old drivers on hand which are old. 101.29. back before god flipped the light switch and said "i need new video drivers." what i did was uninstall the old ones and tried to install 169.28. the srtup went thorugh and got to the wizard screen saying "the nvidia setup program could not locate an drivers that are compatible with ur current hardware." my brain farted. i dont understand that but maybe some can. :) any help is greatly appreciated. thank you the desert rat.

did you download the modded inf file and replace the one in the installation directory with the new one? it won't detect mobile drivers without the modded inf.

Guest desert rat
did you download the modded inf file and replace the one in the installation directory with the new one? it won't detect mobile drivers without the modded inf.

:)

DOH!! ill look that up. i didnt know i needed a mod inf. live and learn. ill try it out and if its a go which it should if i get the right one, ill hit ya with a post. thanks again man for the help.

desert rat

p.s. the confirm code is bulls***

HI All,

First of all, AWSOME forum! Thank GOD I found it!

Trying to install 169.28 on a Sony Vaio (XPSP2), with GeForce Go 6400 (original drivers on ATM).

Downloaded, extracted, replaced the INF, ran the setup.exe

Setup stops and asks for nv4_mini.sys file

What should I do..?

Thanks!

That's the very first file in the installation so it sounds like at least one of the driver files got deleted somehow. Try extracting the driver package again - the file is defintely there.

That's the very first file in the installation so it sounds like at least one of the driver files got deleted somehow. Try extracting the driver package again - the file is defintely there.

Thanks!

For some reason, it did not extract it the first time. Got it installed, although at the end of the instalation, got some errors (right when it asked to restart - something about SLR.. )

However, restarted, and now the driver version is 6.14.11.6928, dated 18/12/2007.

Workes perfectly, got the resolution i needed for my external philips 19" widescreen (1440x900), also, PES 2008 a bit works better than before ..so.. I'm Happy!

Thanks again!

im having a problem..

whenever i try to install the driver, at the end of the installation, i either get the blue screen of death or a blank screen... followed by the laptop restarting in both situations..

anybody got any idea as to why this is happening?

Hello,

I justbought my laptop 12/28/07, Dell 1520 w/ 8400GS Nvidia graphics card. I ran into the same thing when i tried to install the updated driver from Nvidia , not knowing what i know now.

My question is: did i mess anything up by doing that ?

had a srceen pop up in the add/remove window , that poped up in a dos screen stating the orginal nvidia driver could not be unistalled ?

but the computer went thr shutdown and start up trying to find new drivers for the graphics card?

tried to install the drivers that i download , did not work ,

That is why i at your website.

Please help

• 2 weeks later...

Best driver for me until now... :P 169.28 has increased overall performance in 3D Mark:

3DMark03: 8921 3DMarks

3DMark05: 4175 3DMarks

3DMark06: 2389 3DMarks

I'm using MSI notebook (L735-075): AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 @ 1,7 Ghz, 2 GB DDR-667, GeForce 7600 Go 256 MB GDDR3, 128bit, stock (core: 450 Mhz, memory: 500 Mhz (1000 Mhz effective))

All tests performed at the standard settings of the drivers and 3DMarks, no overclocking and optimizations :)

Edit: with a few tweaks with NVtray I managed to achieve a score of 2458 3DMarks06 :) still OC settings not used

Edited by proofy

I am currently using the 169.09 XP 32bit drivers on an Dell XPS M1730 laptop running Nvidia GeForce 8700M GT cards and we are trying to output the following:

Resultion: 1920x1200 or 1920x1080

Refresh Rate: 50Mhz

Colour Depth: 32bit

However we can only get the driver to give us 16bit colour depth.

Will this new 169.28 driver allow us to do this or is there a simple hax i can do to allow this colour depth?

Thnx Muchly AGAIN

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranziger
Update: Any driver, even international ones, try to access NVCPLDEU.dll every 2-3 seconds (German XP). The file does not exist, and if I just copy NVCPL.dll to NVCPLDEU.dll, it tries to access NVCPLDEUDEU.dll. Sweet, huh? Anyone have a solution? Would be appreciated.

Just disable the "NVIDIA Display driver service" in windows config ...and everything works

Guest Canon2004_LVN

driver 169.28 have isue is below:

- when am using laptop with mode batteries,GPU running is low performance.However to config driver is max performance

Guest Andrea

Hi, I am having kind of the same problem. I have a Dell Vostro 1500 notebook with Windows XP and a GeForce 8400m GS driver. When I try to play a certain game, I keep getting the blue screen of death and it's really starting to make me mad. Anyway, I tried reinstalling and all of that, but it still won't work properly. And what is an inf file? I really have no idea what I'm doing and I've been having this problem for a few weeks now. I've tried going the the NVidia and Dell support sites multiple times but I am having a really hard time understanding just exactly what I'm supposed to be doing, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 3 months later...

Posted seperately on this issue, but if anyone else has gotten this problem with this driver let me know:

Not sure totally if this is a driver problem, never really noticed this before. If someone knows whether or not it's driver or game setting related, let me know.

At a distance, if I'm looking into a window....the window will appear gray and not translucent. As I move in closer, it slowly returns translucent.

Anyone ever enountered this problem?

• 2 months later...