LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista 32-Bit for GeForce Go 6800

thowle

I have an Alienware Area-51m 7700 Mobile System with an NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 card on a Windows Vista 32-bit operating system.

I've looked through your drivers -- but they all just say GeForce 6800, and not GeForce Go 6800 -- what driver should I get to use on this machine.

The Issues

I am having an issue with Vista (using the native Windows driver for the video card), that the screen will often "tear", and overall graphics are slugish like.

I cannot find a Vista 32-bit driver for this card anywhere.

Please advise.

Possible Resolution:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ ... /9808_vista.exe

NVIDIA Driver Version 7.15.10

NVIDIA Driver Release 2/2007

Driver Question:

Is this driver the LATEST NVIDIA driver that supports the GeForce Go 6800 under Windows Vista 32-bit?

Major Issue:This driver seems to fix the "tearing" on the start menu, but everything else in IE is now jumpy, and every now and then Windows Vista will go to a blank/black screen, then come back and return an error "The display driver has stopped responding and has recovered".

Any advice?