LaptopVideo2Go Forums

BSOD after driver update (toshiba x200)

comadre

hey there...

i've following problem: everytime after i install a driver from your side with a modded inf file, i get a bluescreen after the reboot.

I've done everything mentioned in the FAQs:

-Deinstalling the old Nvidia Drivers

-Reboot

-Kill remaining files with Driver Cleaner

-Extract the Driver and replace the INF file

-Run the setup

-Reboot

-Blue Screen

This happens everytime after i install a driver using modded infs and i really don't know what to do .... pls help me.

My Laptop is a Toshiba Satego x200 21u with a Geforce 8700 GT (512MB Ram) running the pre-installed Windows Vista 32bit.

additional infos:

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T7500

2GB Ram

(sry for my english, it's not my native language)

Edited by comadre

• 2 months later...

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE MY OS!!!!! :unsure:

I have researched and tried most modded and WHQL drivers from 167 and up and currently using 174.12 (with rivatuner2.07 745/1480/850 3dmark06 - 5990). I've had the BSOD with all of them, the only ones u wont get it with is the WHQL drivers. Only by accident i found that when it restarted by itself after a BSOD, it started up normally(all functions, temps, everything was normal), i use this method 75% of the time, the other times it will start normaly..