LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Driver for Crysis

Guest BadRasta

Guest BadRasta

Hello ever1,

they are too much drivers, but which one is the best of them? I need the best driver for Crysis, so could you help me, please?

Someone said 169.09, the other one 169.04, or the latest one etc. I am sick of searching, please be patient :)

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 (320GB HDD, 8600GT, T7500, 2GB DDR2 667Mhz Ram)

It would be nice if someone can give me the resulsts :)

See you

Hello ever1,

they are too much drivers, but which one is the best of them? I need the best driver for Crysis, so could you help me, please?

Someone said 169.09, the other one 169.04, or the latest one etc. I am sick of searching, please be patient :)

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 (320GB HDD, 8600GT, T7500, 2GB DDR2 667Mhz Ram)

It would be nice if someone can give me the resulsts :)

See you

Also I've got a question -- in the "news" section there are a lot of new drivers (upto 169.28). But in the "Download driver" section the last one is 169.09. Where are the newer ones?

The download driver page has to updated manually I believe, that is why its not up to date.

However the forum is.

For Crysis the latest 169.2x drivers are probably the best bet. However these newer drivers are designed to have a performance increase WITH the patch for the game.

The patch for the game was promised to come out 2 weeks after the game was released, but I don't think we will see it till late January. So it might not be possible to get a performance increase in that game with newer drivers.

As far as benchmark comparisons in Crysis with the 169 drivers. All of the drivers from 169.09 and up had very similar maximum, average, and minimum framerates. (<1 framerate difference on most)

I don't remember where I saw this, but that is what the benchmarks said. If the benchmarks are true then pick whichever 169 driver you like best. I would pick a newer one myself though. 169.09 was a little buggy for me.