LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista gaming stutter

Birdie

I understand that there are a LOT of people out there who are experiencing this problem. I thought I'd start something here to see if there are any definite answers. The problem is that games on Vista suffer a slight pause every few seconds making them unplayable. I am dual booting XP and Vista and all my games run beautifully smooth on XP. I can't imagine that anything I have installed on Vista is to blame - though it might be. I've noticed this problem in any game really. Anything you throw at it that is marginally good graphics. I have tried a vast array of things to try and fix the problem. All of the windows compatibility updates are installed and that kb940105 or something like that which claimed to help with the video memory allocation issue. I think some people are waiting for SP1 and just hoping that it will fix things - who knows, we can only hope. If there is anyone out there who has fixed this issue once and for all then please let us know.

I also get that kind of issues, whether i use vista or xp and especially with Vsync Enabled (Triple buffering on or off gives the same result) as it involves a framerate decrease. This is really driving me mad ... why the hell do all of us suffer from these stupid bugs in 2007 ?

Hi,

I have used Vista x64 en XP x86 on my laptop.

In both OS-es i can play games just as smooth. This might be because i use an 8600M GS card(which supports DX10).

I had a desktop pc with an 7900GTO card(DX9). I've tested vista x86 and windows xp x86, and the performance difference was huge.(although i used vista shortly after its launch(half Februari)).

I get the same bug. I turned on the FPS monitor on Eve Online and the graphs looks like a perfect sine curve. Really annoying. I've tried the recommended fixes for the 8600M GT which helps but doesn't totally fix it. It's even more noticeable in Crysis. Looks like my character is skipping around like a little girl.

You almost have the same laptop as me what are your drivers ? None of the "stuttering fixes" did the trick.

All my games are stutter free above 60fps but Sega rally Revo (30-60 fps) suffers from a bad stuttering !

Vsync removes Tearing but introduces more stuttering if framerate is below 60 fps.

Is it Asus Hardware related ? Maybe a 8600M GT issue ? Anyway i've had a lot of stuttering issues on a R9700 and an X800GTO² ... didn't know that it also affects Nvidia products ... I paid 1200 euros for this laptop and can't play decently .. what a pity ... We all need some help :)

Albhar, from France.

I can confirm that I too have this huge annoying problem with my 8600m both in xp and vista.

most of you have described the problems very well and i can only confirm all of these things. ALl the fixes seem to help, but never really fix the problem.

It seems it could be a fuckup between nvidia and laptop manufactor bios' but not sure. So many people are having these problems with very expensive laptops which end up being utterly useless due to this, its making me wonder how this problem still can be around.

I just prey that the new bios zepto is working (which will come in january) will fix this, but with the luck of the 8xxx series... I dont feel lucky. :/