LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HELP FOR UPGRADING FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO PI1536

Guest PANDELIS

Guest PANDELIS

Hi

I have a laptop Fujitsu Siemens AMILO PI 1536 and I want to ask you some things:

a) Can I put in my laptop the Nvidia 7900GS with 512MB?

b) The cost of 7900?

c) You suggest this card for this laptop or can I choose another "better" or "cooler" card (ex. ati x1900,cost)?

d) I'm living in Greece. Can you send the item here?

e) Is it easy to place the card in my laptop alone?

f) Tell me how can I pay you if I want any of your products.

Pantelis Verykios

otynane@otenet.gr

Greece

1) Yes

2) I don't sell them anymore

3) The x1900 is as hot as the 7900. Both are certainly close to the limit of what the notebook can handle, if not over it.

4) Yes.

5) Fairly. The heatsink may need some work.

6) Bank transfer or paypal.

Guest PANDELIS
1) Yes

2) I don't sell them anymore

3) The x1900 is as hot as the 7900. Both are certainly close to the limit of what the notebook can handle, if not over it.

4) Yes.

5) Fairly. The heatsink may need some work.

6) Bank transfer or paypal.

What do you suggest me to do if you don't sell 7900GS anymore? Is the only solution ATI x1900? Is it the best supported card I can put? I am really interested to buy

a high performance card than ATI x1400 I already have. I suppose you understand why.. GAMES!!! Note me prices for x1900 or any other card suitable for my laptop.

What do you suggest me to do if you don't sell 7900GS anymore? Is the only solution ATI x1900? Is it the best supported card I can put? I am really interested to buy

a high performance card than ATI x1400 I already have. I suppose you understand why.. GAMES!!! Note me prices for x1900 or any other card suitable for my laptop.

You may find this to be interesting

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/benchmarks.xls

Price for the card is 350?, shi`pping and taxes included. It should be noted that it runs stable, but it runs VERY hot. The powersupply is also extremely hot, perhaps evem hotter than it should.

You may find this to be interesting

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/benchmarks.xls

Price for the card is 350?, shi`pping and taxes included. It should be noted that it runs stable, but it runs VERY hot. The powersupply is also extremely hot, perhaps evem hotter than it should.

Dear Ice-Tea,

I understood that X1900 becomes VERY HOT but maybe my english is not so good.. I try to make a decision but you're not suggesting me what I should do.. IS THE X1900 OR NOT THE ONLY SUITABLE(?) CARD FOR MY LAPTOP? What are my options? I really can't be more specific! When you say "the heatsink may need some work" what do you mean? I have no experience upgrading by myself PC or laptops. I have a friend who knows few things and he will do all the job placing the card when the time comes. Is it possible to describe me the procedure I have to follow with the heatsink or any other item I may need? Is it something I have to be carefull with? I don't want to pay 350? for a card that may not work properly. I have to be sure I'm doing the best. If you were me what you should do? Put X1900? Some other card?

I really hope my next post to be the order for my new GPU!

Could you answer to my last post Ice-Tea? :) I need to know what is your suggestion to my problem.

You may want to read http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/Guidelines.html It contains an example of the work required on the heatsink.

What I can not say is whether you should buy the card or not. It will get very hot. Some people feel it is too hot, others don't mind. Same for your power supply. Hot notebooks have shorte life spans which means you could get lucky and never experience any problems or you could run out of luck sooner or later.

But it is not a decision I can make for you.