LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v167.49 Windows Vista 32bit | ASUS

mobilenvidia

I'm talking encryption free ISO backups playing from PowerDVD 7.3 (using deamontools) and copied using imgburn and anyDVD HD.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill

• cdx47

• PhoenixReborn

• anonymous1986

I'm talking encryption free ISO backups playing from deamontools and copied using imgburn and anyDVD HD.

OK so we are talking about different things here then :) However another more important problem I saw was the fact that I couldnt access the "advanced" power options within Vista. With my limited understand this suggests no PowerMizer.

That is as full rip as you can get. Exactly what sort of 20+ GB rips are you talking about?

I also have no problems playing some movies converted to xvid with media player classic.

Even with SLI enabled I have no problems with this driver.

Of course I do have a superior OS. Maybe all you guys with problems are being bogged down by vista's DRM crap.

One thing to note is that powerDVD at least, says it needs a 256MB VRAM card, not 128MB, to playback HD DVDs/bluray smoothly in 1080p.

Maybe ripping/re-encoding the movies and playing them in mediaplayer classic is a better idea.

Maybe I should sticky this info for all too see about the VRAM requirements for powerDVD.

Hi Bill

I have seen various types of rips. The majority are reencodes to x264 or avi which are then placed inside an MKV container. These tend to be compressed to dvD5 OR 9 size. I can always play these.

Then there are the full size rips which pretty much copy the files from the hddvd as is. These are usually 20+ GB in size. I can play these from my harddrive as long as I dont install any 16* drivers.

I have absolutely no issues with 128mb of ram. Doesnt impact on playability.

That is as full rip as you can get. Exactly what sort of 20+ GB rips are you talking about?

What player are you using?

Does PowerDVD 7.3 work fine for you with other drivers and your 128MB RAM card?

My ISO rips are the straight files off an HD DVD, but with the encryption removed.

Only Powerdvd 7.3 will play full rips on Vista! Works great with my 128mb card.

how do you get ISOs to work. Daemon tools only does DVDs? Alcohol ?

What player are you using?

Does PowerDVD 7.3 work fine for you with other drivers and your 128MB RAM card?

My ISO rips are the straight files off an HD DVD, but with the encryption removed.

I have used both 100 and 156 drivers with success. But both 169.28 and 167.47 play the film with sound only, no picture. I suspect that encryptin as you said is the problem.

I've got ripple water effect on my TV LCD even I could choice the native resolution 1360x768 + appropirate rate frequency

when playing video on dual view mode or playing game especially on dark background.

My card is a 8400 MG 128 Mo.

thks to this realease :) no more pb, display is ok with the hd too.

But I can't retrieve the option " full screen video mode" in comparison with the drivers for the desktop: it's a pitty...

Have you even tried AnyDVD HD yet?

It completely removes the HDCP.

I made my ISO backups by running AnyDVD HD first.

Then I opened up img burn in image write mode. Then selected the appropriate drive, then selected to use UDF mode. (this is the important part)

It can then make a straight up UDF 20+GB ISO file, which isn't possible with non UDF settings.

Then I can just load up the file in Deamon tools and it will playback just fine in PowerDVD, which is difficult to setup to just run straight files.

Have you even tried AnyDVD HD yet?

It completely removes the HDCP.

Ive got it but I dont have a hidef drive. ADVD only counts CD/DVD/HDVD/BRAY drives, not the internal harddrive. I need a way of mounting the rip onto a virtual drive first. Then ADVD would work.

Grrr, ATITool still not supported in this driver.

My dumbass just created an ISO from the rip and mounted the virtual drive!!!!

Ive got it but I dont have a hidef drive. ADVD only counts CD/DVD/HDVD/BRAY drives, not the internal harddrive. I need a way of mounting the rip onto a virtual drive first. Then ADVD would work.

I have no idea if your insulting somebody or if you figured it out, but if you have an HD DVD or blu ray disk rip in UDF ISO format you can load it up using deamon tools just like any other image.

It will then play back in your player software just as if an actual disk was inserted.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php

I did exactly that with Daemon tools. I didnt know it would mount such a big ISO! Hence the self insult :)

The good news is that I now have access to full hddvd content incl. Settings, extras etc

the bad news is that I still cant use 167.49 or 169.28. PowerDVD now says incompatible graphics driver! Im back again to the 156 train LoL.

I have no idea if your insulting somebody or if you figured it out, but if you have an HD DVD or blu ray disk rip in UDF ISO format you can load it up using deamon tools just like any other image.

It will then play back in your player software just as if an actual disk was inserted.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php

• 2 weeks later...

Tried these drivers on my Asus A8js with Geforce Go 7700. I use my laptop screen and an external monitor (via DVI) at the same time. No matter what I tried I could not get both to work together. It was either one or the other so I have gone back to the factory drivers for now. I may try the latest, latest drivers.