LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Is this 3dmark06 score good for my configuration?

Guest marian_g2s

Guest marian_g2s

Hi everyone! Today I was checking my notebook performance in 3dmark06. First I have changed my video card from 8600m GT (I have DDR3 version with 256MB) to 8600GTS with RivaTuner to be able to install every nvidia driver. My windows vista ultimate was installed about 2 weeks ago so it's "clean".

Driver version: 169.04

OC: from 475x950x700 to 580x1180x880 (stable)

3dmark06: 5236 points with default settings (resolution 1280x854)

Is this 3dmark06 score good for my configuration? What should I do to have better result?

Thanks!

Seems good to me... you got me beat by 1200 although I'm one step down in both cpu and gpu

That is a good score for a single card. However you could score much higher with a quad core CPU and windows XP.

Your laptop probably doesn't support the current quad core CPUs though. Maybe the ones coming out next month will work though.

The newer 169 drivers might have lower performance than the older 169 drivers, however they are supposed to be more stable.

3Dmark isn't everything these days, what counts is if your games run smoothly with good graphics settings.

Guest marian_g2s

Update:

Driver: XTreme-G 169.17

3dmark06: 5415 points with default settings (resolution 1280x854)

I think it's very good result and it will be hard to have better in my configuration.

Guest marian_g2s

My last questions:

1) How can I set my fan speed manually on 100% (asus g2s)? I haven't this option in RivaTuner and SpeedFan. I think it's blocked by asus or somethink like that.

2) My fan stopped working on 100%, even in 3dmark06 it works slow... Yesterday i hadn't this problem. Please help

Bill has a good point... something I always go by but so many people seem to forget. Benchmarking is a good platform - no argument there - but it really comes down to FPS and quality in the games we play. When I used to be big into Unreal Tournament, I never used benchamark programs to better the performance, I used the game itself :) And one good thing at the time is UT included a benchmark program.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itsmemario
Hi everyone! Today I was checking my notebook performance in 3dmark06. First I have changed my video card from 8600m GT (I have DDR3 version with 256MB) to 8600GTS with RivaTuner to be able to install every nvidia driver. My windows vista ultimate was installed about 2 weeks ago so it's "clean".

Driver version: 169.04

OC: from 475x950x700 to 580x1180x880 (stable)

3dmark06: 5236 points with default settings (resolution 1280x854)

Is this 3dmark06 score good for my configuration? What should I do to have better result?

Thanks!

run in 1280x1024, instead with 3dmark06, as everyone else is using that. hard to compare otherwise