LaptopVideo2Go Forums

CoD4 on Geforce 7000M

Bo P.

Hello everyone, I recently got myself a new laptop, it is very similar too my sons, exept that he runs a ATI X1300 and I have a geforce 7000M in mine, He's computer is compitable with both Call Of Duty 2, and Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Mine cant play neither of these games, it's quite a pain, since i love the Call Of Duty Fancishe

When i open the game it gives me this Error:

Error During Initialization:

Create2DTexture($floatz, 1024, 786, 0, 114 ) failed: 8876086c = Invalid Call

Can Anyone help me with this, it would be gladly appreciated.

I believe its because the processor, I have an Acer Aspire 7520 and acording to the system requirements lab page, I cant play it because the processor

• 3 months later...

its not the processor :) its your card, it should actually run based on specification, google 7000m and cod4, the problem lies on the game itself, update to the latest cod4 patch

• 4 months later...
Guest Mr. Stab

I had this problem when trying to install the game on a buddy's laptop. After reading many sources explaining that it was not possible, I refused to accept this-and after an update of the 7000M drivers (not available from the nVidia website; you'll probably be able to find it from your laptop manufacturer's website), the game CAN, WILL and DOES run on the 7000M, albeit not at the quality of my sexy overclocked 9600GT!

the turbocache on the card may prove a problem for those with a low amount of RAM as turbocache=uses system RAM instead of more RAM on the card itself (commonplace for integrated chips). with 2GB on this system, the game runs reasonably at low settings on 640x480 but i'm yet to defrag and possibly (but probably wont) give the card a slight OC.

Was just going to post what is above me. Yes. Believe it or not COD4 (the only post 2007 game I can run) runs extremely well on this gpu (1024*768 med-high settings o/c of course)! Just download newer drivers. The 158.45 are best IMO.

Guest Mr. Stab

Good to see someone else has refused the scepticism!

After over 24 hours of Vista-induced networking trouble & thus a system restore, i'm having that "Create2dtexture" bug-i might give those drivers you mentioned a try.

i think this would be a breeze on XP, but quite frankly Vista is the biggest piece of excriment ever created. There is NOT ONE benefit from having Windows Vista on a system, NOT ONE. DirectX 10 isn't even worth the hassle-it's just a marketing ploy. I know this is slightly off-topic, but point being even if i did have the same bugs in XP, the operating system would do what I asked it to while working out a solution, whereas Vista just likes to create more problems. Hey, Google, maybe its your turn at making the dominant OS?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the info Andrew

what did you overclock your geforce 7000m to?

also what was your fps average for COD4?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same problem. But I can't install the 9300 or quadro 3500 driver on the 7000m. I also installed the latest driver from the Acer page and it still shows the same error.

Can anyone help?

If you are talking about the 177.92 drivers, you have to also download the modded inf. Then extract it and replace the original with the new one. If you have vista x86, you can use my modded inf.

• 2 months later...

Having the same problem as the original poster. Tried reinstalling the game, tried reinstalling my drivers (even the different versions) and have even tried reinstalling direct x with no luck still.

Any suggestions. I am running an Acer Aspire 5520-5334 with the 7000m and Windows Vista Home Premium. I am currently using the 180.70 driver for the 7000m and have tried using the 177.92 driver as well, with no luck still.

I am usually very good with computers, a server tech myself, but this has got me stuck, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Did you uninstall the previous drivers cleanly? If not, then you must. Consult the FAQ to see how. Also, this is a driver problem so updating your drivers will most likely fix the problem.

Did you uninstall the previous drivers cleanly? If not, then you must. Consult the FAQ to see how. Also, this is a driver problem so updating your drivers will most likely fix the problem.

Probably didn't uninstall them cleanly, figured it would just overwrite the existing drivers. Going to go ahead and try doing this and hope it works out. Thanks for the input.

Still no luck.

Cleanly uninstalled my previous drivers, using the control panel, device manager, and driver sweeper so that there was nothing remaining. Then went and installed the nvidia 181.20 driver with the modded inf with no luck still, same error is still occurring.

Any other ideas of what I should try, this has got me totally stuck, seemed like such a simple fix but I still have had no luck with the install.

Thank you in advance for any more feedback on the issue.

• 2 years later...