LaptopVideo2Go Forums

battlefield 2 crashes on startup?

el taco

DxDiag.txt When I launch battlefield 2, it goes to a full black screen, my screen resolution turns from 1440x900 to 800x600 temporarily, then crashes back to my desktop and my resolution is back to normal.

What driver can I download that fixes this?

dxdiag in attachment

• 4 weeks later...
DxDiag.txt When I launch battlefield 2, it goes to a full black screen, my screen resolution turns from 1440x900 to 800x600 temporarily, then crashes back to my desktop and my resolution is back to normal.

What driver can I download that fixes this?

dxdiag in attachment

what are your specs?

More importantly what is your refresh rate.. if its Below 60hz your in trouble. If its above all it takes is some editing of BF2's .con files which I can help you with.

but first I needa know what your Refresh Rate is.

thanks.

Garandhero, i have read most your your post about the refresh rate being 59hertz, i have a friend with that problem have you found a solution for that yet or are you still waiting for a driver to fix it? is it a hardware problem? or a driver problem?

thanks a lot

Yes I fixed it.. I sent my **** Dell back and got a sager :)

Although my Sager didnt have the issue, other people with sagers did... However, unlike Dell, Sager listened to its customers and recently released a new driver that fixes the problem. I am not sure it will work on your system unless you have a sager, and I have heard that although it fixes the 59htz rr issue, it does cause a drop in performance. So its a tradeoff.

the driver version is 167.44 and you can find discussion about it at the following http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=212077

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally fixed this problem.

Was going nuts after having bought the game and not being able to play it. Anyways here it is:

Run Dxdiag. Go to display tab. Check your resolution and frequency.

Search for the file "battlefield2\profiles\default\video.con"

Open in Notepad.

look for this line:

VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@61Hz

Replace the bold type with whatever your settings are in dxdiag. Note i changed my desktop resolution to 8*6 when trying to get the damn game to work and i havent tried it with a different setting. Bottom line, i think the resolution is what needs to change, just make it match whatever urs is.

Hope this works