LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best drivers for my Toshiba X205-S7483 - nvidia Geforce 8700M GT?

Mirko969

I have this toshiba laptop from best buy, and I heard of problems running games like bioshock and CoD4 with the drivers that come with it, and I heard you need to update them, but I have no idea which ones should I use and how to install them, thanks for your help.

I was also wondering if I could use this drivers since it says it supports my video card but even if they were released by Dell and not nVidia or toshiba:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=16311

Edited by Mirko969

Guest Aragorn
I have this toshiba laptop from best buy, and I heard of problems running games like bioshock and CoD4 with the drivers that come with it, and I heard you need to update them, but I have no idea which ones should I use and how to install them, thanks for your help.

I was also wondering if I could use this drivers since it says it supports my video card but even if they were released by Dell and not nVidia or toshiba:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=16311

I have the same laptop, and managed to make the driver from nVidia's website work by modifying the hardware ID's (adding the ones for the 8700M). It made a BIG difference with Crysis. Unfortunately I've deleted the driver and .inf file, otherwise I'd attach it for you.

I have the same laptop, and managed to make the driver from nVidia's website work by modifying the hardware ID's (adding the ones for the 8700M). It made a BIG difference with Crysis. Unfortunately I've deleted the driver and .inf file, otherwise I'd attach it for you.

wow, care to elaborate on that? more specific plz?

• 1 month later...

I have the x205 s7483 and am currently using the drivers 167.45. The drivers are amazing, and a GIANT improvement over the horrid drivers Tohsiba throws in there stock. I play Crysis in DX9 mode on HIGH settings with no problems. DX10 seems to still give me some issues but thats not a big deal, im sure it will get better down the road. As for Bioshock, I can play it max and COD4 looks amazing. Whatever you do, make sure you change the drivers it came with. Im toying with the idea of trying the 171.16 drivers, as this person with the same laptop got great gains from it.