LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware M9750

jawnee

Hello everyone ! To introduce myself i work in the games industry as an artist, and for such i have bought a laptop for home use , an alienware M 9750 with right now 4 gigs of ram ( im on XP so 3 are only used ) and core duo 2.2 Ghz , Graphic Card is Nvidia 7900 series GTx or something with 512 Gdram.

With the previous drivers before instaling the ones in laptopvideo2go in the game engine i was provided from a studio i had a constant stream of 60 , 59.10 FPS . But running call of duty 4 i run into some annoying freezes , so i instaled 160.28 from here and for some reason i notice a big drop in perfomance , the engine now has only 49.50 FPS constant , wich i lost 10 FPS . The 3d settings from nvidia are set to perfomance , so that means no anti aliasing no fancy stuff.

So my question is : is there any specific driver i need to install ? or did i screw up ? i want those 10 fps back hahahahh.

i tried searching for the same issues but couldnt find it so im sorry if i sound like a broken record :) thanks !

oh , and another thing, i read on another thread ( forgot to save it doh! ) that these new drivers make the graphic card work harder or it was declocked ? it is true that my laptop is heating up much more than usual after i isntalled them..and it was also cleaned like 3 weeks ago extensively :S please i really need some answers hehhehe. thank you guys !

The 169.28 drivers were designed to give a noticeable performance increase in UT3. They are also more stable than the other 169 drivers.

The earlier 169 drivers might be faster for you with that game. (like 169.09)

You could also try the other driver sets that have been released the past few weeks.

There is the 167.49 driver and the 156.87 driver.

Do you know if you have SLi in your system or just one 7950 GTX card installed?

Do you know if you have SLi in your system or just one 7950 GTX card installed?

SLI or not we have always recommended one of two actions for people to take.

1. Use the latest official drivers from the OEM. (This is actually recommended most of the time)

2. Try to install the latest driver posted here at laptopvideo2go.com using wither a custom INF or the LTV2G all-in-one INF.

its just one card ( unfortunately ) and i already instled almost every 160.something and even 156.83 :) the problem is if i use the oem drivers the games wont run properly since they tend to freeze and sometimes i see a bluescreen...

its just one card ( unfortunately ) and i already instled almost every 160.something and even 156.83 :) the problem is if i use the oem drivers the games wont run properly since they tend to freeze and sometimes i see a bluescreen...

This may be a long shot but get the 169.28 drivers from the downloads (if you have Vista) and try out my Custom INF from the custom INF page. It may work.

Just a note sometimes BETA drivers are slower at times due to debugging and additional new or sample code enabled. This doesn't mean they are worse. Some of the new code may actually be fixing things which causes for GPU power to be used. Until the code is totally optimized things may be a bit slower.

SLI or not we have always recommended one of two actions for people to take.

1. Use the latest official drivers from the OEM. (This is actually recommended most of the time)

2. Try to install the latest driver posted here at laptopvideo2go.com using wither a custom INF or the LTV2G all-in-one INF.

I'm sorry, I guess I forgot to read the FAQ. I'll know how to help next time instead of asking a simple question.

Here's a link to Alienware's Official m9750 Drivers:

http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pages...9&item=1005

167.46 Is Alienware's Official Beta Driver

94.23 Is the original Alienware Driver.

Before installing, it's recommended to uninstal the previous driver, reboot in safe mode and use a utility like Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner before doing a fresh install.

use the Alienware OEM driver, but use the Latest nvapps.xml file from the 169.28 drivers to get the game profiles.

it might be worth a shot