• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Darmdorf

• whitetigerx7

• G . I. N.

• 8 months later...
Guest Fenixxero

Ok,I got Both Medal Of Honor Airborne and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 ready for use,but have no computer operating to run them on...only this laptop,and i know not all laptops are supported with games like these...but what drivers and where can i get them to make these games runsmoothly and how do i install them,where do i install them,what is it that should be done to properly,completely,effectively make this all go together...someone who knows what is what let me know ASAP...Thanks A Bunch!

~L

• 1 month later...
Guest snurfle

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here...

My machine started rebooting every time my screensaver would come on.

DXDIAG reported that I had no 3d devices (NVIDIA GEFORCE 6200)

Windows hardware manager reported driver version 7.7.7.7

I checked NVIDIA's website and it recommended driver version 179.07

Now that was confusing enough, but after installing the "new" driver, windows now reports that I have driver version 6.14.11.9107

Is there some way of telling what driver I am actually using? Is this a windows problem, or an NVIDIA problem?

• 3 weeks later...

The last 5 numbers indicate your driver version. So 6.14.11.9107 means you're using 191.07. =)

Updated (finally)

I went through FAQ and didn't find an answer for my question. I understand that I should not be asking questions like "what's the best driver?" etc., but my question is since 195.xx series is for desktops, how come I am still able to install it on my laptop? and would it actually make sense to use 195.xx series drivers or rather install 187.xx series drivers for a laptop?

thanks.

Edited by mrabinov

I went through FAQ and didn't find an answer for my question. I understand that I should not be asking questions like "what's the best driver?" etc., but my question is since 195.xx series is for desktops, how come I am still able to install it on my laptop? and would it actually make sense to use 195.xx series drivers or rather install 187.xx series drivers for a laptop?

thanks.

NVIDIA have made the 2 version for Notebooks and Desktops.

But these are drivers made for both sets.

187s are OEM specific drivers and will contain specific OEM fixes.

But you pick a driver that works for you.

Okay... I am using a NVIDIA GeoForce 6100 Go Card on a Windows Vista 32-Bit system. What I want to know is if it is safe to download any update as long as it says that it is for Vista or if there is something specific that I have to do. Thanks in advance for your help.

Okay... I am using a NVIDIA GeoForce 6100 Go Card on a Windows Vista 32-Bit system. What I want to know is if it is safe to download any update as long as it says that it is for Vista or if there is something specific that I have to do. Thanks in advance for your help.

You can use a Vista or a Win7 driver (Win7 drivers have dual support)

Any driver or does it have to specifically be for my card?

Any driver with modded INf will work.

Or if you are squeemish you need to find your PCI_ID and SUBSYS numbers (device manager) then plug these into the driver page http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

This will spit out a list of drivers that support your exact setup

Guest roberttitus

Thank you very much for your help. I downloaded the newest patch possible for my graphics card 180.70 & now my games run so much faster. Just one more quick question.... can patching your graphic card cause programs like Winrar to stop working? I have downloaded a file multiple times & each time it keeps causing my computer to freeze.

Video drivers should not cause Winrar to freeze the laptop, would be very freaky if it did.

Use 7-zip you'll never look back.

• 4 weeks later...

Any driver with modded INf will work.

Or if you are squeemish you need to find your PCI_ID and SUBSYS numbers (device manager) then plug these into the driver page http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

This will spit out a list of drivers that support your exact setup

I'm sorry to be such a noob but I'm having a bit of trouble. I have a UL30VT-X1 by ASUS. I used the driver locater service on the website entering in the

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_A2

PCI_ID: 0A74

SUBSYS: 1AF21043

Since I have windows 7 I assumed that only WHQL certified drivers would ensure a smooth installation. No drivers came up. *Though* when I tried to install the drivers from the dedicated forum page it seemed to get into the install process and reach the point of installing the drivers but it stopped midway and timed out.

I'm sure this is because I have a laptop but if anyone had any directions to point me towards getting the 195.81 installed that would more than appreciated.

Thanks for your time and patience in reading this post.

G

I'm sorry to be such a noob but I'm having a bit of trouble. I have a UL30VT-X1 by ASUS. I used the driver locater service on the website entering in the

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_A2

PCI_ID: 0A74

SUBSYS: 1AF21043

Since I have windows 7 I assumed that only WHQL certified drivers would ensure a smooth installation. No drivers came up. *Though* when I tried to install the drivers from the dedicated forum page it seemed to get into the install process and reach the point of installing the drivers but it stopped midway and timed out.

I'm sure this is because I have a laptop but if anyone had any directions to point me towards getting the 195.81 installed that would more than appreciated.

Thanks for your time and patience in reading this post.

G

http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?dev=0A74&sub=1AF21043&whql=0&lang=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=

There are 3 WHQL and 1 non WHAL drivers we host here for your Notebook.

You extracted the drivers from the archive they come in ?

Then ran setup.exe ?

Tried another driver if one failed ?

http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?dev=0A74⊂=1AF21043&whql=0〈=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=

There are 3 WHQL and 1 non WHAL drivers we host here for your Notebook.

You extracted the drivers from the archive they come in ?

Then ran setup.exe ?

Tried another driver if one failed ?

You extracted the drivers from the archive they come in ? [Yes, personally I love the 7z format and applaud your generic use of it.]

Then ran setup.exe ? [Yes sir/ma'am. The installer froze during installation on each attempt at no more than 25% in. After approx 5 minutes or so it timed out and reverted changes. The revert failed as well leaving the system sans a video driver.]

Tried another driver if one failed ? [At the moment I have tried 2/3, I'm having some trouble finding the third driver.]

From my gathering I assume you're referring to the following releases:

Title ----- WHQL

v195.81 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA OEM --- YES

v195.55 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA - OEM --- YES

v195.39 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA ------- NO

Edited by G . I. N.

• 4 months later...
Guest SteveS

I have a Dell Precision M90 Laptop with the NVidia Quadro FX3500M and have had trouble finding a driver from NVidia or here. In the FAQ, this computer is listed, but I can't find any recent INF files that list this laptop. Any chance someone has some advice?

• 4 months later...
Guest FlaviusC

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with 8600 M GT 512 MB. if i try to find a driver for my video card using dev and subsys, i can only find one from 2009.

DEV_0407&SUBSYS_9016104D . What driver should i use for my video card?

For example, the 260.63 driver shows my video card, 8600M GT in the supported list, but my SUBSYS is not supported. Can i install the latest driver even though my subsys is not on that list?

Thanks for helping.

Guest FlaviusC

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with 8600 M GT 512 MB. if i try to find a driver for my video card using dev and subsys, i can only find one from 2009.

DEV_0407&SUBSYS_9016104D . What driver should i use for my video card?

For example, the 260.63 driver shows my video card, 8600M GT in the supported list, but my SUBSYS is not supported. Can i install the latest driver even though my subsys is not on that list?

Thanks for helping.

hi there for your card 8600 with DEV_0407&SUBSYS_9016104D you should download this driver from vaio because it supported your video card with the subsystem 9016104D

this is only for 64 bit system:

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/VAIO/ORIGINAL/NVIDIA_GRAPHICS_DRIVER_8.17.12.5903_X64.ZIP

hi there for your card 8600 with DEV_0407&SUBSYS_9016104D you should download this driver from vaio because it supported your video card with the subsystem 9016104D

this is only for 64 bit system:

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/VAIO/ORIGINAL/NVIDIA_GRAPHICS_DRIVER_8.17.12.5903_X64.ZIP

Dude thanks...finally after all these years a oem driver from sony

Edit: unfortunately no brightness control or whql signature...going back to 257.41

Edited by ricktendo64

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a dell xps m1710 with a 7950 gtx go and am having trouble finding a good driver for windows 7. So far the best performing has been using the dell xp driver and forcing windows 7 to use them, but then I loose the aero UI. Any other actual windows 7 driver seems to work like crap...anything I can do? Any drivers that are recommended for this video card and windows 7?