LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Bad laptop gaming issues..

AEngland

Okey dokey... I bought this Asus laptop for christmas.

Asus F3sv

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz

2gb ram

160gb hdd

8600m GS Nvidia 256mb graphics

Vista 32bit Premium

Great machine to play games on or just about anything. BUT I have been having some really bad issues lately.. I have tried multiple drivers to get all my games up and running. The orange box, valve games, BF2, WoW, Oblivion, The Sims 2 are games that i have been trying to run at 1280x720 resolution.

Some drivers have let me play certain games such as TF2, BF2, etc.. flawlessly. But then that same driver will CRASH my pc on games like WoW. (Dont tell me that "Delete WoW" crap. it does no help whatsoever) Others wont Run the other games but will run WoW correctly.

When the pc does crash on WoW, it occasionally gives me the nvldmkm has stopped working error..etc.. I HAVE tried changing those files to .old- but I CANNOT get that to work- it just wont let me change them whether i have UAC on or not.

I have considered doing a system restore but i dont want to. I have considered calling out Nvidia on it- but that wont solve anything- I see that many people have the same problem and there is no current solution- someone even said that it is a possible LAWSUIT, yikes. I dunno what to think of it and i cant come up with any solutions of my own- and it is really starting to ###### me off.

Thanks for any help.

I am currently using 169.25, but 169.28 had issues with gears of war so I came back to 169.25 right away, 169.25 is so far to me best performer for me. I am using 8600m GT via bios overclocking 575/1150/450 I can run counter strike source, TF2 etc on max with 16xAA(not 16QxAA though) at 1280x800. For your 8600 GS, I amaveraging of theoratical correct performence would be same settings as mine except without any AA at all since you got no overclocking done. and if this driver is not good for you, try 158.45 :) (i do recall it ran WOW fine with this one).

Phoning nvidia and stuff won't help you for sure, since they provide almost no support to all mobility chipsets :)

Morris Lee

morrismurphy@gmail.com (email me if you need to ask me questions directly) :P

Thanks alot mate for the support. I am currently running 167.49... err something like that.. I think i tried it earlier but i had some failures with it using the steam programs (TF 2, etc.) But i sure will try to over clock it and get better performance. All i really needed was someone to tell me a suggestive driver that would work all the way around. If worst comes around- ill just do a system restore and start back off fresh.. but i think that driver will work. thanks again!

Hi guys, I have 8600M GS and I would like to over clock it. I never did that. Any suggestions on where to find info? I plan to play Gears of War and Crysis, any recommendation what driver to use? I am now using the latest from HP for my Pavilion dv 9660eb.

Cheers.

Hi guys, I have 8600M GS and I would like to over clock it. I never did that. Any suggestions on where to find info? I plan to play Gears of War and Crysis, any recommendation what driver to use? I am now using the latest from HP for my Pavilion dv 9660eb.

Cheers.

Hi there Conq, I am NOT an expert but I wouldnt use the drivers from HP for your pavilion. Try out the latest drivers from here or try the drivers that morris suggested and maybe the ones that he is actually using. I would look around for a guide to overclocking. Atleast, thats what I am gunna do.