LaptopVideo2Go Forums

AMILO M1437G Video Card Replacement

Guest kluns

Hello

Does anybody knows if ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128MB can be replaced with ATI Mobility Radeon X1800 256MB (whole card)?

If yes... are there any problems that might happen?

Or I need to replace it only with ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128MB?

Problem is a damage of current video card.

Laptop:

AMILO M1437G

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128MB

Guest Clint_Eastwood

hi,

i´ve upgraded the x700 of my m1437g with a geforce 7600 256mb, it runs very well with a performance, that is 200% higher as the old card!

i think this is the only reasonably way, because the 7600 produces the same heat as the x700, and its cheaper then x1800!

the problem with the installation of x1800 is, that you have to modify the heatpipe, because the card is too big...

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/3438.html

i think you should buy a 7600 go from a fsc-amilo via ebay (cheaper, but risk) or mxm-upgrade (expensive, but safe)!

mfg

clint eastwood

Unfortunately, I can not offer 7600 cards anymore. Right now, just x1900's which run hot and stress the PS. I hope to have x2400 soon (if they work)

How much faster will the x2400 be over the x700 and the go7600?

How much faster will the x2400 be over the x700 and the go7600?

I'll know once I can start the card up :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tyrian3

Hi I'm about to do the same thing, upgrading from the x700 to the x1800 on the Amilo M1437G. I've already installed a new M770 (2.13 Ghz) Cpu on it.

Does the x1800 need the same fan mod the x1900 needs?

Also, can you explain better about the dremel mod I have to make on my heatsink to make the card fit?

And last but not least...I always use it with the AC power supply (no battery), will I have problems?

thanks! :)

• 2 years later...
Guest temo

Hello

Does anybody knows if ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128MB can be replaced with ATI Mobility Radeon X1800 256MB (whole card)?

If yes... are there any problems that might happen?

Or I need to replace it only with ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128MB?

Problem is a damage of current video card.

Laptop:

AMILO M1437G

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128MB

• 3 weeks later...
Guest user

Hello,

I have FSC amilo m1437g with x700 video card. Well mine video card had burned up (stopped working because heat was to hi). So i wanted to replace it. I checked MXM-upgrade homepage and ebay. the HD3650 card on mxm-upgrade is to expensive for me. and in ebay the same card is for reasonable price, but there is 2 different ones. So the question is, how do i know which card on e-bay fits mine laptop? And second question is What i will have to do (modifications to hardware or bios upgrades) to make the card run?

I am want to upgrade its video card so, that i could actually watch HD movies on it... I would be willing to got for alternative card with is capable to run HD, if the price is reasonable...