LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Black flash screen crash

Guest JKer

Sorry for my poor english,

Here my probleme in detail,

Recently, i download an update from Team Fortress 2. The new update was from yesterday 7 Junuary 2008. Before this update, the game work fine. When playing, suddenly the game freeze and the graphic turn like polygone. I try to close the game, but wont let me, then i decide to close by force. After this, when booting, it seem ok. I can see windows xp loading and then when its come to put my password, the black flash screen begin. I cant enter to my desktop and the black screen keep flashing and seem like freezing.

Then i decide to go to safe mode(work ok), to uninstall nvidia and reinstall 169.09 nvidia. And i reinstall directx 9.

It doesnt work, the probleme still there.

note : when i unintall nvidia and go to normal mode without the driver, theres no black flash screen.

Anyone can help me?

I beg you, i bought this laptop hight price.

Detail of my laptop :

Windows Xp

Directx 9

Nvidia geforce go 7600 256MB

Toshiba Satelite A100-SK9

Try the latest driver 169.28, you can download it by going to the community forum then 160 xxx drivers.

Try the latest driver 169.28, you can download it by going to the community forum then 160 xxx drivers.

I download 160.28 and install. The probleme still there.

How can I fix this probleme, its give me a heart break.

Reinstall wont solve the probleme i think, is there a other solution?

Have you tried system restore? If windows is working fine without the driver then it seems the problem should be with the driver. Try system restore first. The worst case scenario would be formatting your hard driver and reinstalling xp.

Edited by anonymous1986

Have you tried system restore? If windows is working fine without the driver then it seems the problem should be with the driver. Try system restore first. The worst case scenario would be formatting your hard driver and reinstalling xp.

I have done a restoration, nothing has change...

I wait some couple time after the black flash screen, it give me a blue screen with error.

Its seem that the probleme come from Nv4_disp.exe

And i wrote in note the formation stop error if i say correctly :

0x000000EA (0x84FCC998, 0x8564dea8, 0xf78ddcbc, 0x000000z)

If thats give you any helps to solve my probleme

Nv4_disp.exe sounds a lot like something to do with the display driver. Download driver sweeper http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655, uninstall the driver, restart and then next time reboot in safe mode and use driver sweeper to remove any leftover/problem causing driver files. Then try installing the driver.

Nv4_disp.exe sounds a lot like something to do with the display driver. Download driver sweeper http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655, uninstall the driver, restart and then next time reboot in safe mode and use driver sweeper to remove any leftover/problem causing driver files. Then try installing the driver.

Ive download driver sweeper from the site you give me. When I execute the programme it give me somes choice. The to relate should be Nvidia - display and Nvidia chipset.

Should i remove both or just Nvidia display. I little nervous about this, I feel like this programme is dangerous.

Actually i've never needed to use this program (i have installed it but never used it) but everyone has recommended this program and says it is perfectly safe (PC world review: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/userrevie...erreviews.html) , you could ask another user by starting a new topic about using driver sweeper. However im 99% sure that you should only select Nvidia display, chipset refers to if you have an nvidia chipset eg nforce. If this doesnt work you should probably ask one of the more experienced users of this site, who should hopefully know what to do. Also your game team fortress might be giving problems, you could try uninstalling it.

Remember to:

* Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.

* Use Driver Sweeper and select what to clean (nvidia display) in safe mode.

* Press the clean button.

* Reboot your PC.

So far no good, i try everything.

I will format and reinstall windows xp. Hope thats will work perfectly.

If there any other solution post it, i will boot when I found my cd =/

good luck with it

Ok this is very bad, today I just format my computer and install windows xp.

When i install the driver 169.28, its crash.

I return to safe mode to remove the driver and in normal mode without the driver the computer work...

Does thats mean my graphic card is finish? Is there a way to replace or repaire my card?

I thought i might send to the repaire center to repair my laptop but i feel like my laptop is good for garbage.

Im not sure what the problem is then, the fact that your laptop works well without the driver is encouraging though. I would take it to a repair shop, that would be the best option i reckon. I have read similar problems like yours, you could ask someone else in this forum about it before sending it for repair. Good luck with it

From what i know as well you should be able to replace the graphics card but you will only be able to put another 7600