LaptopVideo2Go Forums

all nvidia driver installs fail; seems to be nonstandard device id

trudd

Just installed a new motherboard in my HP zd7000. This motherboard has an integrated nvidia 5200 supposedly. Old MB had ATI so I have no original drivers.

Every attempt to install drivers (from hp.com, from here, other websites) has failed out of the box. Per device manager, my card is device id 3150 and the vendor is 1002. I have seen neither of these in any INF file I have downloaded.

I am able to get the drivers to install by modding the INF files myself; but then I still get a code 10 error saying that the device cannot start. I believe this means I still have a conflict between the drivers and the device. So, I think I am not modding the INF myself correctly/fully.

Per Device Manager, my device instance id string is:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_3150&SUBSYS_3082103C&REV_00\4&24EDD13&1&0008

I have also attached my NERD output.

I have spent days on this and am completely stumped.

Please help.

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.zip

Just installed a new motherboard in my HP zd7000. This motherboard has an integrated nvidia 5200 supposedly. Old MB had ATI so I have no original drivers.

Every attempt to install drivers (from hp.com, from here, other websites) has failed out of the box. Per device manager, my card is device id 3150 and the vendor is 1002. I have seen neither of these in any INF file I have downloaded.

I am able to get the drivers to install by modding the INF files myself; but then I still get a code 10 error saying that the device cannot start. I believe this means I still have a conflict between the drivers and the device. So, I think I am not modding the INF myself correctly/fully.

Per Device Manager, my device instance id string is:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_3150&SUBSYS_3082103C&REV_00\4&24EDD13&1&0008

I have also attached my NERD output.

I have spent days on this and am completely stumped.

Please help.

What is the corrosponding device name (at end of INF) for PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_3150

This will give us a clue

So, I feel like an idiot I guess.

The new MB vendor told me it was an nvidia GeForce 5200. But, I had an epiphany after typing that note last night; the Vendor ID doesn't match.

Turns out, its an ATI adapter on-board. I spend days barking up the wrong tree.

Sorry for the bad post and thanks for the support.