LaptopVideo2Go Forums

latest driver for Geforce Go 7600 on Sony Vaio

paul_vin

Hi everyone,

Very new to this scene, used to just download drivers as required from OEM sites, when they became available.

I've got: Vaio VGNFE38GP

Dual Core 2 2.0 T7200

1Gig Ram

Geforce Go 7600 128mb dedicated Forceware 84.73

Tried running Sierra's Timeshift and would crash shortly after being told to download latest drivers. Unfort I've browsed this site

and am unsure of which driver to download. Basically I'm looking for an update that will allow me to run this game.

I have tried updating to the 156.80 driver, but it still crashes.

Thanks.

Edited by paul_vin

Hi

i have sony vaio fe21s (core duo t2400 ; gf 7600 go 128 mb) so quite similar :)

I'm using 169.28 drivers and everything works perfectly (powermizer , overclocking, control panel ) so download and check them out.

Good luck :)

Hi

i have sony vaio fe21s (core duo t2400 ; gf 7600 go 128 mb) so quite similar :)

I'm using 169.28 drivers and everything works perfectly (powermizer , overclocking, control panel ) so download and check them out.

Good luck :)

Confirmed. I had my game crashing. But I updated it, and used the driver for geforce 7600 GS instead of "go" now it works like a charm.

So if your timeshift game asks for updates of your drivers, get patch 1.2 and update them.

If your geforce go 7600 won't update, use geforce 7600 GS instead, there's a 169.28 out for that one, and that's what timeshift wants.

• 1 month later...
Confirmed. I had my game crashing. But I updated it, and used the driver for geforce 7600 GS instead of "go" now it works like a charm.

So if your timeshift game asks for updates of your drivers, get patch 1.2 and update them.

If your geforce go 7600 won't update, use geforce 7600 GS instead, there's a 169.28 out for that one, and that's what timeshift wants.

I used nvidia forceware 169.28 7600 GS drivers on my VAIO VGN-FE38GP, and all OPENGL games have texture corruption. The game itself works fine, but everything looks like hundreds of little pink and brown squares. Any advice/help? :)

• 1 month later...

Do you have a download link for these, i downloaded the 7 series drivers and it crashes.

I used nvidia forceware 169.28 7600 GS drivers on my VAIO VGN-FE38GP, and all OPENGL games have texture corruption. The game itself works fine, but everything looks like hundreds of little pink and brown squares. Any advice/help? :)