LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Display driver crashes windows (GeForce 7000m/ nForce 610m)

Guest Jesenko Mehmedbasic

Guest Jesenko Mehmedbasic

Hello!

I have an Acer Aspire 7220, which came with Vista Home Premium (and only 1024 mb ram!?), and I want XP on it. I have found the proper drivers for almost everything, even the graphics card, but it reboots as soon as I change the resolution from 640x480 to anything else.

I found this topic: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15294 and the chipset drivers, and vga drivers install perfectly, but still the same issue. I have tried several modded drivers in the 100 / 160 series, but still no luck.

I hope you can help. Thanks in advance

I also have geforce 7000m on my aspire 5520... I try mod inf here with 169 driver crash and reboot during flicking part when is installing the drivers....

but old acer driver work fine bah... I gotta wait when acer feel like updating there driver than i get newer one this sucks...

My problem is that it crashes with EVERY driver I've tried.

I am having exactly the same problem with my Acer 5520 and Ge7000M chipset. I'm currently running the machine on generic VGA without any driver installed because that is all that will work. I've tried installing everything from 84.25 to the latest 169 version. Same problem; flickering during install and then either won't work and have to restart from previous good config or it does start and is stuck in 4bit color and 640 x 480 res. I've read all the FAQs, googled til I'm blue in the face and still no joy.

Help please!

Bob

I am having exactly the same problem with my Acer 5520 and Ge7000M chipset. I'm currently running the machine on generic VGA without any driver installed because that is all that will work. I've tried installing everything from 84.25 to the latest 169 version. Same problem; flickering during install and then either won't work and have to restart from previous good config or it does start and is stuck in 4bit color and 640 x 480 res. I've read all the FAQs, googled til I'm blue in the face and still no joy.

Help please!

Bob

Same here. And: KNOPPIX 5.1.1 doesn't crash when I boot the DVD on the same h/w, so I'm guessing it isn't a hardware problem. Interestingly, the KNOPPIX probe routine does seem to flash the display in much the same way Vista does before it branches to the "Blue Screen of Death" sub-routine ...

• 5 weeks later...
Hello!

I have an Acer Aspire 7220, which came with Vista Home Premium (and only 1024 mb ram!?), and I want XP on it. I have found the proper drivers for almost everything, even the graphics card, but it reboots as soon as I change the resolution from 640x480 to anything else.

I found this topic: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15294 and the chipset drivers, and vga drivers install perfectly, but still the same issue. I have tried several modded drivers in the 100 / 160 series, but still no luck.

I hope you can help. Thanks in advance

I ALSO HAD GREAT TROUBLE BUT THANK G_D FOUND THIS DRIVER AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY. I have an ACER 5520-5912 with the Geforce 7000m nforce 610m. Try the link below : softpedia banana_groove:

Download NVIDIA 32bit ForceWare GeForce Go 156.55 Driver for ...[DEV_0533] NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M [DEV_053F] NVIDIA MCP67M It is highly recommended to always ... ATI Catalyst Drivers 4.7. 28.8 MB | Win 2K/XP ...

drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-32bit-ForceWare-GeForce-Go-15655.shtml - 62k - Cached - Similar pages

I ALSO HAD GREAT TROUBLE BUT THANK G_D FOUND THIS DRIVER AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY. I have an ACER 5520-5912 with the Geforce 7000m nforce 610m. Try the link below : softpedia banana_groove:

Download NVIDIA 32bit ForceWare GeForce Go 156.55 Driver for ...[DEV_0533] NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M [DEV_053F] NVIDIA MCP67M It is highly recommended to always ... ATI Catalyst Drivers 4.7. 28.8 MB | Win 2K/XP ...

drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-32bit-ForceWare-GeForce-Go-15655.shtml - 62k - Cached - Similar pages

I haven't tried the above set but finally was able to cobble together a workaround using .145 version and adding the files that come up missing by manually copying the .sys files that were stated missing by the install routine. I've been able to use my notebook screen with most of the nvidia features and have been able to output both to a Viewsonic flat screen and my HDTV via the svideo output.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lukas
please send mi drivers for Acer Aspire 7220 for Windows XP Pro

thanks in advance

I have really big problem with get driver for GeForce 7000M on my notebook Acer Aspire 7220 Win XP please help me..

174.74 installed on my acer 7520 with 7000M/610m , but still cant use the s-video for TV ... the acer drivers are crappy crap out of this world ! installed the modded inf + the latest nvidia 174.xx downloaded for nvidia website ...

seems to work .. but .. when i try to downgrade a video driver it crash . when i try to uninstall the drivers .. it crash ... seems acer problem ...

i m using vista 32bit that comes with my laptop

i need to use my TV out , "s-vhs" for projection , still cant do it ! dual screen work in config , it put laptopscreen + TV but have no pic on the TV .. maybe should test the S-video output witha hommetre ??? is the tv output s-video can burn ???

anyway .. try the 174.xx drivers should work without crash ... for VISTA it do .

Guest Vista Hater

Driver list for acer aspire 7220

01.Chipset_NVIDIA_v1313_XP.zip

02.CPU_AMD_v1.3.2.0_XP.zip

03.VGA_NVIDIA_v6.14.11.145_XP32.zip

04.Audio_Relatek_vV5.10.0.5413_XP32_XP64.zip

05.Cardreader_Ricoh_v3.51_XP32.zip

06.Modem_Foxconn_T60M955.02_v7.62.0.0_XP.zip

07.Touch Pad_Synaptics_v9.1.11.0_XP.zip

08.Launch Manager_Dirtek_v2.0.01_XP_Vista.zip

09.Wireless_Atheros_V5.3.0.56_XP_XB63_XB62(WHQL).z ip

09.Wireless_Broadcom_V4.100.15.7_XP_BCM_4311_4321( WHQL).zip

10.(Chicony_app)_Acer Crystal Eye webcam v1.1.31.718.zip

10.(Chicony_driver)_Acer CrystalEye webcam T5.7.28.400C_WHQL.zip

10.(Suyin_app)_Acer Crystal Eye webcam V1.0.10_XP_Vista.zip

10.(Suyin_driver)_Acer CrystalEye webcam 5.7.28.500-1.0_WHQL.zip

11.Bluetooth_Broadcom_v5.1.0.3300_XP.zip

Should wor including video...

Just put the name in google and then get download from the first link.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Radament

Guys I came up with a solution how to stop this damn pesty BSODS. The thing that is causing BSOD actually isn't Display Driver it is our Sound Driver Realtek working with EAX ingame. This is easy solvable by either not using EAX or updating to newer Realtek version.