LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hp dv6590

Guest Etiko

i have an geforce 8400gs on hp dv 6590, i question it possible change grafic card to oder newest and faster

Thanks, Sorry my english, but im portuguese, im very bad on english

yeah, i believe 8400GS is on an external PCI-E in the laptop too, so TECHNICALLY, you can uprade, problem is, laptop video cards are not to be sold on the market we see, only to OEM Manufactures... eg. Acer, Dell, etc, so yeah, too bad, unless you want to buy ANOTHER laptop with the graphics card you want to replace it(point less though..)

Ohhhh, so I guess I was wrong, maybe you can get MXM type cards, but hard, and the compatibility I cannot guarantee...

Morris Lee

Ohhhh, so I guess I was wrong, maybe you can get MXM type cards, but hard, and the compatibility I cannot guarantee...

Morris Lee

dude, your the best, thanks to the news :) :)

i have some questions because i belive you are a "PRO" on this! please answer if you can

1º if possibile when i buy?

2º the cost(price) are some ( = ) "equal" to cardvideos on a desktop pc?

3º the market of a MxM modules go to more easy, and expensive markets and countrys?

4º if i change my grafic card it cost more then one laptop newest ?

Sorry my bad english but im VERY VERY bad on englhish, please try answer my questions

i have some questions because i belive you are a "PRO" on this! please answer if you can

3º the market of a MxM modules go to more easy, and expensive markets and countrys?

Sorry my bad english but im VERY VERY bad on englhish, please try answer my questions

The 8400GS used in HP systems is an external PCIE but it is not MXM compliant.

Eu sou português por isso se quiseres que te traduza alguma coisa aqui é só avisar. e as tuas perguntas quase não se percebem.

more expensive of course and the performance is not equal. 8400M GS is not equal to 8400 GS

3º the market of a MxM modules go to more easy, and expensive markets and countries?

there are almost no market for MXM modules because the notebook manudactures prefer sell notebooks rather then upgrade them. they would loosse money with mxm.

It's less expensive to upgrade the graphic card

Resumindo só pra ti, isto do mxm tem mto k se lhe diga e não é como ir a qualquer loja e comprares uma placa pro pc. Fica-te muito mais barato comprares uma placa pro portatil do que comprares um novo mas duvido que isso seja possivel no teu portatil. de qualquer modo não existe nenhuma placa melhor que a 8400GS para esse tipo de MXM. Alem de que tens o problema de arranjar a placa visto que ninguem te a vai vender pk n existem vendedores