LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FPS Dropoff on Acer 5920G with 8600GT

vorob

My lappy is

Acer Aspire 5920G - 302G16N

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 – 2.0Ghz 4Mb L2chache // GeForce 8600GT, 256 Onboard DDR2 + 1024 TurboChache // 667Mhz 2Gb DDR2 // DVD+-RW // 160GB SATA HD // 15. 1280x800 (16x10) // 1Gb Intel Turbo Memory // 4 USB 2.0 // TV OUT // HDMI output

and I’ve got video which explains all my problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_qDcJts3o

P.s. Why i post here? May be i think it's driver problem?

Sorry for my English and pronunciation.

Guest Hi THere
My lappy is

Acer Aspire 5920G - 302G16N

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 ? 2.0Ghz 4Mb L2chache // GeForce 8600GT, 256 Onboard DDR2 + 1024 TurboChache // 667Mhz 2Gb DDR2 // DVD+-RW // 160GB SATA HD // 15. 1280x800 (16x10) // 1Gb Intel Turbo Memory // 4 USB 2.0 // TV OUT // HDMI output

and I?ve got video which explains all my problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_qDcJts3o

P.s. Why i post here? May be i think it's driver problem?

Sorry for my English and pronunciation.

Hi,

I had similar problem and solved after updating the driver for intel turbo memmory driver (ACER 5920G - 512 MB/8600GT - C2D 2.4 Ghz

humm, well, 28 to 30 fps is still quite playable, butwhat driver version are you using?

humm, well, 28 to 30 fps is still quite playable, butwhat driver version are you using?

30 FPS in smoke in Tomb Raider and Doom. In oblivion i've got 15 fps :)

Hi,

I had similar problem and solved after updating the driver for intel turbo memmory driver (ACER 5920G - 512 MB/8600GT - C2D 2.4 Ghz

Which one?

Guest XerizOn

And do you have your card overclocked? Or you have default frequencies? I don't know if it should do that in the Fog parts but you have "just" 256 MB VRAM and Fogs, shadows, etc are hard for Shader rendering... What about to try Overclock little bit your Shader and Memory Frequency? If it wont help than it is bugged :)

I personally can't play games with default frequencies, it is so laggy :)

I have OC 575/1500/425

+Plus you can try to Update your BIOS ( but be sure to have Backup of your originall BIOS ) http://rapidshare.com/files/73590463/new.bios.zip ... this BIOS added to me about 325 points in 3DMrk06

BTW: If you cant overclock it in Rivatunner than you need to Overclock it through BIOS... Guide at http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=160237

"I personally can't play games with default frequencies, it is so laggy " Which games are you talking about? And what laptop do you have?

Guest XerizOn

I meant for example UT3, BioShock, Crysis, Medal of Honor Airborne, COD4 with Ultra details ( just shadows Off ).

And I have the same laptop as you with only one difference in 512MB VRAM.

In Medal of Honor Airborne under windows visa, do you have some strange lag even when you got high fps? I just don't know what was that but even under 30FPS my game was laggy. When i've installed windows xp all lags are gone :)

Guest XerizOn

Fortunately I dont have Vista already for a long time... But yes... It was strange but anyway I had High FPS it was lagging sometimes, little lags like when HDD swaps data to the memory... It was so annoying and unacceptable :)

With XP it lags sometimes too but it's a way fewer than with Vista so I cant complain :)