LaptopVideo2Go Forums

High temperature: dust, wrong driver or neverwinter nights 2?

EviL

Hi,

I have an Asus G1 with GeForce Go 7700, I noticed recently an increase of the temperature of few degrees when idle (it is around 55° and I barely remember that months ago it was around 50°) that jumps to (experienced) 93° when playing Neverwinter Nights 2 The mask of the betrayer.

I tried different drivers of 167.x and 169.x series, but same results.

I played quite well with 169 series to Crysis, Cod4 and so on, with temp barely over 80°.

So since the notebook is a year old, I thought to 3 possible problems:

1) dust inside and maybe a little damaged fan (I may try to grease it in the next weeks)

2) I missed some particular driver that could address this issue (I have the feeling that after the first releases of 169 series the GPU is hotter, but i tried latest 167 and neverwinter crashed, like never before and with same heat)

3) is a known Neverwinter Nights 2 issue that stress much the GPU (I found something on their forum but it's not exactly my problem and they don't eventually patch it)

has anyone experienced the same problem or has any suggestion?

Thank you