LaptopVideo2Go Forums

oBLIVION AND 8600M GT

XELIS

Hi everyone, I would really appreciate any help. my rig is a dell inspiron 1520 with intel core 2 duo 2.0ghz, 2gb of ram and a geforce 8600m gt 512.

I played bioshock demo, UT3 demo, timeshift, cod4 at 1280 x 800 and they all look and play great.

However, wheN i RUN oBLIVION, the game cannot recognise my video card, when I do start the game, it looks like morrowind, no matter how much I change settings and resolution.

so please help. how can other newer games look so good and run so well, but oblivion looks so bad, the textures lack any detail whatsoever.

Your problem is that Oblivion doesn't recognize your graphics capability and is using some very conservative settings. To start with, you need to do at least two things: Set Oblivion's texture size to "Large" and turn on Anisotropic Filtering in the nVidia Control Panel. Then go through the Oblivion.ini that's in your "My Games" folder, wherever it resides on your computer. (Don't modify the Oblivion_default ini in the Bethesda\Oblivion folder under Program Files.) You'll find lots of things to tweak, especially under the Display Settings.

Your problem is that Oblivion doesn't recognize your graphics capability and is using some very conservative settings. To start with, you need to do at least two things: Set Oblivion's texture size to "Large" and turn on Anisotropic Filtering in the nVidia Control Panel. Then go through the Oblivion.ini that's in your "My Games" folder, wherever it resides on your computer. (Don't modify the Oblivion_default ini in the Bethesda\Oblivion folder under Program Files.) You'll find lots of things to tweak, especially under the Display Settings.

ok thanks, I will have a go at this, oh can you tell me which settings to tweak up. sorry

Edited by LSudlow