LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Go 6150 vista x86

Guest Greg

there is something seriously wrong with the drivers and/or inf's on this site! Now before you start flaming, hear me out. I am an oracle systems admin with 10+ years of advanced computing experience so we can rule out ignorance as a possibility. I have an HP dv9420us(dv9000) with nforce go 430 chipset and a 6150. The drivers on HP's site are from April and none of my shooter games have crosshairs(annoying as you can imagine) so I decided on a simple upgrade.

I found out that 163.67 was the best for Go 6xxx so I DLed the inf and the driver. After using driver cleaner to completely remove any remnants of the previous drivers(in safe mode), I unplugged my nic and installed 163.67 with the modded inf. After reboot, nothing.Black screen and then reboot. I attempted to revert back to my original hp drivers, reboot, black screen and again nothing. What the hell is going on?! I understand that 3rd party mods are done at my own risk and such, but all I did was install a recommended driver with the inf. WTF?

unfortunately i have the same problem. i have a Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 (hp pavilion dv6110us) with windows vista and get the same problems. I tried using n.e.r.d in vista but n.e.r.d does not support vista. :) :)

Hey -

I have a Compaq f557US laptop with a GeForce Go 6150 and Vista Basic.

The drivers with modded INF from here work fine, but you have to stay with the 155 series. 160 series WILL NOT work, and will result in broken drivers requiring a safe mode boot and rollback.

I am currently using the 156.87 Vista x86 drivers (http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=16659) and highly recommend them.

System Specs:

Compaq F557US, Vista Home Basic (2.4

1.8ghz Mobile AMD Sempron, 1.5gb RAM, 100gb HD

GeForce Go 6150 (128mb shared RAM)

With that setup, my laptop will run CoD4, FEAR XP, C&C3, UT3, Portal, BF2, and any number of games on low settings. Not stellar, but awesome from a cheap laptop.

Ryan

The drivers with modded INF from here work fine, but you have to stay with the 155 series. 160 series WILL NOT work, and will result in broken drivers requiring a safe mode boot and rollback.

I am currently using the 156.87 Vista x86 drivers (http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=16659) and highly recommend them.

I thought I should note that this seems to be because the 155 series drivers are intended for mobile GPU's in the first place, and it seems that the 6150 gets something from them that it cannot get from modded 160 series drivers. Every set of modified 160 series drivers i have tried with the 6150 has resulted in the black screen bootups. I cannot explain why. My main computer (see my profile on the left) has a Go 7600 that works fine with modded 160 series.

there is something seriously wrong with the drivers and/or inf's on this site! Now before you start flaming, hear me out. I am an oracle systems admin with 10+ years of advanced computing experience so we can rule out ignorance as a possibility. I have an HP dv9420us(dv9000) with nforce go 430 chipset and a 6150. The drivers on HP's site are from April and none of my shooter games have crosshairs(annoying as you can imagine) so I decided on a simple upgrade.

I found out that 163.67 was the best for Go 6xxx so I DLed the inf and the driver. After using driver cleaner to completely remove any remnants of the previous drivers(in safe mode), I unplugged my nic and installed 163.67 with the modded inf. After reboot, nothing.Black screen and then reboot. I attempted to revert back to my original hp drivers, reboot, black screen and again nothing. What the hell is going on?! I understand that 3rd party mods are done at my own risk and such, but all I did was install a recommended driver with the inf. WTF?

i have the same laptop exactly and the same problem but i can give you an inf for it and it will fix that black screen.