LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell Vostro 1500

Damitri

Specs

Core 2 duo 2.2 t7500 with 4 megs cache

2 gigs pc2-5300 paired ram

Nvidia 8600M gt (over clocked to 550/425)

Driver 169.04

Display WXGA truelife (1280 x 800)

Ports: 4 usb, 1 1394, 1 vga, S-vid, Card reader, ethernet and modem

Price about 1200 with 3 yr warranty ( better if you can find a deal, I got mine for 1000 last year)

I love this laptop (-:, I had an inspiron 600m and the features of this laptop and the price make it a winner.

The ram is located in 2 different spots (one under the Keyboard and one on the bottom) but once I found this out it was simple to install. This also makes it not have the over heating problem my Inspiron had.

The Vostro Lines come with no extra software (other than the dell wireless tray) and have a spill proof keyboard and alloy case over the inspirons, they also cost about $300 cheaper for the same specs.

I tried the 169.09 drivers but had issues in steam games, now with full settings i don't have any problems in either CS:S or TF2. I score 170 fps on the CS:S stress test.

The only down side I can find for this laptop is that is big (Its a normal 15 inch) I wanted to go for the XPS 1330 but the 8400 and $400 difference made me stick to this one.

• 3 months later...

I have this same laptop, except i got the 1680x1050 screen, awesome screen