LaptopVideo2Go Forums

171.16 and 173.16 Beta tests

mobilenvidia

VR-Zone has taken these 170 series beta drivers for a spin.

There are some benchmarks to wet the appetite for when these drivers get leaked.

For the full article head on over here

Looks like there are 2 series of drvers being worked on 171.xx and 173.xx probably 2 directions nVidia are taking their new technology.

Time will tell when and what new things these drivers bring.

Only thing I saw of interest was the G96 entries and the fact they snuck a few mobiles cards in that driver as well...

Its gonna take them a few tries to make some good 17x drivers.

That reviewer is stupid for not telling us of any new features/changes (or lack of) besides performance and INF.

Why can't we test them too!?!

What a useless article...

yay, benchmark screenshots for a driver that isn't available in a version I will probably never touch.

Good find Terror. I found that same link too off Google last night.

I've analyzed the INF and it seems Nvidia has it's new Mid range level "GeForce 9600 GT" "%NVIDIA_G94.DEV_0622.1% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0622" being tested in this release.

Did some tests so far...

3DMark2003 - 1068 (Score due to CPU intensity and "GeForce Go 6150 / nForce Go 430" being low-end motherboard GPU)

Windows Experience Index - 4.6, 3.9, 3.1, 3.0, 4.6 (Base score rates 3.0 due to graphics card)

Tested the drivers with several applications using FRAPS:

MapleStory - Maintained a stable frame rate of 60 FPS on average with 25 FPS in graphically intense areas. (Game may be 2D but it's still useful for testing draw rates accurately)

Edited by whitetigerx7