LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I don't get it, no one else gets stuttering with Aero on Vista?

illmatic

Alright, here's the deal.

I've tried A LOT of drivers and the ONLY ones that I can get Vista Aero to be smooth are the 163.44 drivers

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I mean when you, for example, open up Internet Explorer and the animation loads the window, it's VERY stuttery/laggy/jittery and annoying.

The 163.44 are the only drivers that don't have this problem (when I was on 32bit,this was true; and now on 64 bit, this is true.)

What I don't understand is how NO ONE else appears to have this problem??

Also one more thing I should add. I have realized that when uninstalling nvidia drivers and using Driver Removal programs, it does not 100% get rid of previous drivers or the affect it had on the system, I promise you.

The only way to get true results from clean drivers is either use System Restore to how your system was when you first installed Vista before installing nvidia drivers or use a fresh Vista installation.

I came to this conclusion when I tried 15x.xx, and 16x.xx drivers, saw that it was giving me stuttering problems, then uninstalled them using the 163.44 drivers (which I knew worked perfect and didn't have stuttering) and even THOSE drivers were giving me stuttering now.

So, I formatted, and reinstalled 163.44 on a fresh Windows, and voila, smooth Aero. I have tried this same thing with other drivers so I'm positive.

If anyone can be of ANY HELP, I'd be so grateful. If nothing else works, I guess I'll just keep using 163.44 since a smooth Aero is very important to me. But, I'd like to use the newest drivers possible.

Thanks fellas.

Alright, here's the deal.

I've tried A LOT of drivers and the ONLY ones that I can get Vista Aero to be smooth are the 163.44 drivers

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I mean when you, for example, open up Internet Explorer and the animation loads the window, it's VERY stuttery/laggy/jittery and annoying.

The 163.44 are the only drivers that don't have this problem (when I was on 32bit,this was true; and now on 64 bit, this is true.)

What I don't understand is how NO ONE else appears to have this problem??

Also one more thing I should add. I have realized that when uninstalling nvidia drivers and using Driver Removal programs, it does not 100% get rid of previous drivers or the affect it had on the system, I promise you.

The only way to get true results from clean drivers is either use System Restore to how your system was when you first installed Vista before installing nvidia drivers or use a fresh Vista installation.

I came to this conclusion when I tried 15x.xx, and 16x.xx drivers, saw that it was giving me stuttering problems, then uninstalled them using the 163.44 drivers (which I knew worked perfect and didn't have stuttering) and even THOSE drivers were giving me stuttering now.

So, I formatted, and reinstalled 163.44 on a fresh Windows, and voila, smooth Aero. I have tried this same thing with other drivers so I'm positive.

If anyone can be of ANY HELP, I'd be so grateful. If nothing else works, I guess I'll just keep using 163.44 since a smooth Aero is very important to me. But, I'd like to use the newest drivers possible.

Thanks fellas.

I got the same problem with my 8600M GT GDDR3!!!

Aero is always laggy !! When moving windows, moving icons,... it doesn't go smooth at all !!

I don't got this problem with older drivers (like the 163.44,...) and also no with the standard drivers from asus, but ALL the new ones (169.xx ,...) give me aero stuttering :)