LaptopVideo2Go Forums

169.09 drivers, fx go 5600, white screen creeping colors

Guest Russell

Guest Russell

I am testing out the 169.09 drivers on my geforce fx go 5600. I have been trying to solve a gaming issue with the card, otherwise I would have stuck with the 60 series. The 70, 80, and 90 series don't seem to want to work with my svideo cable and TV.

Anyway, when changing resolution the LCD screen briefly has a moment where instead of the normal black blank screen you expect for it to show in between resolutions, it shows an all white screen with colors slowly creeping up from the bottom of the LCD screen. I have never seen this before, and I am not sure if that is healthy for the monitor and card or not!

Are these drivers too new for my card? Could they potentially damage it?

These drivers seem to be doing well so far (as I am typing on the laptop they are installed on right now).

Any idea what's going on here? Thanks in advance for your help!

theoratically its not driver problem, if it is, try other versions to test it out, but from your descriptions, sounded like defected card, or maybe too old??(Chipsets decades after a long period of use with heat.....) :)

My Quadro 700 Go GL would show a white screen sometimes upon shutting down and maybe switching resolutions sometimes.

If the card works I wouldn't worry about it.

Guest tggonzo

I have the exact same issue. I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 with a GeForce FX5200. After installing the 169.09 and then back-peddling to 163.75 I am getting the same issue you are describing. I don't think it is hardware though because if I go back to the ancient Dell drivers, I don't get the effect. It happens anytime the resolution changes or there is a hard refresh. Also noteworthy, it does not happen on the analog display I have next to the laptop. Any ideas, help, workarounds, would be appreciated.

-tggonzo

I think its just something with the newer drivers, that isn't going to change for us.

Maybe a INF tweak might help. I don't have time to investigate it though.

Maybe the Dell versions of newer drivers with stock INF don't do this.

Also on my M50 I think it goes white on shutdown/restart/coldbootup as well, which isn't driver related I think.