LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v171.16 XP 32bit |

mobilenvidia

46 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reiluke

• mentos+cola

• blackmarkerface

• anothermike69

These drivers are working great for me so far. :)

This is for my SZ680 with 8400M GS:

169.04:

FEAR - 33fps avg. (Max CPU, Medium Graphics 1280x800)

3dmark06 - 1449

3dmark05 - 2880

CS:S Stress (Auto detect) - 85.84fps

HL: Lost Coast (Auto Detect) - 48.76fps

171.16:

FEAR - 33fps avg. (Max CPU, Medium Graphics 1280x800)

3dmark06 - 1529

3dmark05 - 3016

CS:S Stress (Auto Detect) - 89.87fps

HL: Lost Coast (Auto Detect) - 50.40fps

Really a very good driver and the improvments in 3dmarks as well as the Source Engine is really impressive! :)

Drivers are well although they made my scores go worse- But maybe I should reinstall my system. ast installation is too long ago

my 3dmark06 score went down, still cant oc, acer 4520G 8400M G

i got a new setting

Maximum pre-rendered frames

what i can do about it.....

I choose 8 now.....which is the best??

prerendered frames is the amount of frames w/ the cpu can prepare before it is processed by the gpu

the higher the prerendred frames the better performance but if you notice that your mouse or keyboard delays then reduce it

rivatuner already have this option

Installed, runs great on TF2 and Guitar Hero III. No errors so far... the nvidia control panel seemed a little slow, but still worked w/o any crashes. Still OCed with ATITool and rivatuner works fine.

Does somebody know if the poweroptimmizer works?

Nice driver, thanx. Overclocks with RivaTuner, tried with COD, Crysis and Bioshock so far. Overall, it seems at least as good as 169.28. In fact I feel that my games run just smoother...may be the placebo effect. I will try with other games...Timeshift, Tarr Chronicles, GOW. If there is a problem, I will let u know. Keeper.

Edited by c69k

Everything's working nice with 170 driver on both my computers (7600 Go and 8800GTX) except TV-out. The Clone mode works not good and the "DualView" mode is unavailable at all. The choice to switch "DualViev" on even does not exist in Control Panel. So I will continue to test the driver on laptop and I had to roll back to 169.28 on desktop.

Hmmmmm, doesn't want to OC with my 8600M GS - HP DV9500T.

Well back to 169.04.....

Does anyone else have problems overclocking these drivers and the several before this. It seems I can't overclock any drivers with my m1710 xps notebook w/ geforce 7950 gtx after the 169.04 drivers. The drivers before including 169.04 I can overclock just fine with rivatuner but after that I can't. Anyone with the same laptop and videocard know a way to overclock these newer drivers?

Works well with my system. As well-performing as the previous 169.28 drivers for XP 32 bit. My score for 3DMark06 has gone up by 10 points, but nothing significant (from 2638 to 2648) on my overclocked Go 7600 256MB Intel Centrino 2.0GHz 4GB 667MHz Toshiba Notebook.

I can't seem to get my second monitor to detect/show up. I'm running on a Dell Inspiron 9400. The performance of the driver seems pretty solid with TF2.

I really need my second monitor though...

So far I quite like this driver, it seems snappy and stable. Powermizer works, but unfortunately no smartdimmer - at least under XP Pro SP3

Download worked fine for me, of the driver and the inf. I think your computer or networking is the problem. :)