LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v171.16 XP 32bit |

mobilenvidia

46 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reiluke

• mentos+cola

• blackmarkerface

• sleewok

Anyone else unable to OC their 7950gtx go with this driver? I tried Riva and ATI tool with no success. This is on my M1710 with the modded unlocked bios. Any help would be great.

No major issues after using the v171.16 drivers except slow response when opening Nvidia Control Panel. Tried this driver with MOHAB (Medal of Honor : Airborne) & Doom 3. No gaming issues also. :)

Hmm, I don't have now hibernation mode - there is no option! Earlien I always used this mode... :/

And, when I close "trapdoor" my dell, display is still shine... :/

I used XP

i was wondering which driver is best for gears of war or bioshock? 169.25, 167.45 or 171.16? im using asus f8sv-a1 with 2.2ghz 8600gt and 3gb. Anyone have the same laptop as me? sorry if this a noob question

thanks

Edited by Wussy

This is the best drivers so far, stable, control panel is a bit slow but has got better features with the 3d program setting.

Great with SLi, especially in Bioshock, CoD4, Crysis and Gears Of War.

on my 8600m gt 512mb ddr2 works quite well. in comparison with previous driver 169.28 i get 5 3dmarks more :P on xp 32.

but i have a problem with these and previous drivers. My card (as every geforces like these) has profiles (2d, low 3d, performance 3d), and when I play on my lappy without cable plugged in it doesn't swith to 3d performance profile, it remains on 2d and as a result of course most of games are unplayable(5-10 fps) regarding normal 20-30 fps in e.g. nfs pro street and crysis. :) any ideas? :)

Hello !!!!

What the difference between driver 170 series and driver 169 series.

I use 169.28 driver on my laptop.

Thanks for responses.

Yea me too, guess I'll stay with the 169.04 drivers

Hello, I have tested the 171 driver on my HP laptop with NV8400 GS.

I have a question,

Why there aren't the default 3d application (games) profiles in the control panel ?

Thank you for replies!

Tried out with Go7600 on an XP System. Seemed to be fine - but I was not able to use my external TFT anymore, the drivers just wouldn't detect it. While booting and loading windows, the TFT worked as well as the laptop built-in screen. But with finishing loading windows (and the drivers) the TFT wouldn't get a signal anymore and change to stand-by.

So returned to 169.28.

is it ok with go 7300 256

I will download it and delete entirely the previous driver and install this new .

I have already 156.65 ,, it's fairly good , but it didn't reach the status that I satisfy with

Guest Inspiron 1520 owner

I've got notebook with GF 8600GT 256MB DDR2, and I was able to push it up to 655/1400/1000MHz (core, shader, memory), like previous 169.28. 171.16 gave me 4579 in 3DMark2006 (650/1350/1000MHz) while 169.28 4564. Increase +15 points :) I like it :)

Beautiful BEAUTIFUL work on this! It has brought gaming (for me) to the next level. I play World of Warcraft with the following specs:

HP

AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile

795 MHz, 1.93 GB of RAM

Microsoft Windows XP

Media Center Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

I would play World of Warcraft with a constant 5-8 FPS, after I installed this driver and edited a few settings, I get an average of 40 FPS in popular / common areas such as the Auction House, or when in small areas I get an FPS of 80+!

Awesome job!

Edited by Jesse

Overlay color controls does not work with this driver (nothing changed). But they works with 169.32

GeForce 8600M GT

(there is a trick needed to enable overlay on this card with every NVIDIA driver from laptopvideo2go)

HKR,, OverlayMode2, %REG_BINARY%, 50,00,10,00

HKR,, OverlayMode3, %REG_BINARY%, 01,05,40,01

HKR,, OverlayMode4, %REG_BINARY%, 00,00,00,00

Edited by Ache

I can't seem to get my second monitor to detect/show up. I'm running on a Dell Inspiron 9400. The performance of the driver seems pretty solid with TF2.

I really need my second monitor though...

Thanks for your message : I was hopping this release will solve the problems with second monitor and DVI (errors in detecting resolution), and I see that now the monitors are no longer detected... I'm so sad : I need my second monitor too !

Hmm the new drivers seem to have disabled AA at driver level, I'm using RivaTuner to override this one. Anyone facing the same problem?

I'm from Poland so forgive me this boring question :) what is the best driver for my laptop: Asus S96S, 8600gs 512mb, 2Gb Ram, Intel CoreDuo T7300 2Ghz??? 171.16 or 169.28 or 169.61 or 169.04?? Maybe u give me some advice you are advance :) I have laptop only 2 days;( THX

Guest Kroimpa

These drivers are the best for everyone with a GF 7600 or something in that range.

Overclock results.

Core default 450

Mem default 350

Prev drivers 159, 169 etc

Core 450->500

Mem 350->375

171 drivers

Core 450->525

Mem 350->400

Thats a lot of difference!!!

Everything works fine here TF2, Bioschock, Crysis...

Recommended!

Guest Kroimpa
I'm from Poland so forgive me this boring question :) what is the best driver for my laptop: Asus S96S, 8600gs 512mb, 2Gb Ram, Intel CoreDuo T7300 2Ghz??? 171.16 or 169.28 or 169.61 or 169.04?? Maybe u give me some advice you are advance :) I have laptop only 2 days;( THX

THe newest ones mostly are the best, and if not youll find why in the comment.

So i would take 171 drivers.

I have a geForce GO 7900GTX Card, would this be the best driver for me to use for gaming? Or am I better off using 169.28 still?

hi,

I've got a zepto znote 6625, 2.2ghz c2d, 2gb ram, 8600m GT 512mb @ 1680x1050 display

at recommented settings (in Half-Life) i got fps problems in some maps... especially when theres fog in the air like on de_dust2...

somebody playing at same resolution who can give me some hints about getting better frames?

it's so disappointing that such an old game runs in such a manner bad...

thnx in advance

--volvox

my games run okay, but fear does not run well with the 7900gtx graphics card. ut3 runs perfect though! video files on the computer run a little boggy too with this driver.