LaptopVideo2Go Forums

disabled pipes make the display freeze

Guest john

Hi,

i mistakenly un-ticked one of the options in rivatuner(v2.06) from the bit-field/bit mask section, and now every time vista boots it freezes(just the display) before the os loads the display driver.i've deleted all th riva tuner files but it didn't do a thing.thankfully i dualboot to xp also,which loads with no problems.what should i do?

Thanx

Can you boot into safemode and uninstall the driver?

I think it changed something at the driver level, an un-installation and then re-installation of the drivers is probably the easiest method to fix it. Have you tried it yet?

You could also use a system restore.

I think it changed something at the driver level, an un-installation and then re-installation of the drivers is probably the easiest method to fix it. Have you tried it yet?

You could also use a system restore.

Yes i also think that would do the job.but how can i do that?i can't boot i vista...only xp.

on tools folder, there are reg file, uninstall to clear settigns

As i said,i CANNOT boot into vista,so whatever i'm allowed to do,it's gotta be done through XP!i know its a software problem(otherwise i wouldn't be able to boot into XP also).so does anyone have any idea of which file do i need to delete or something?there must be a way to fix this i do not want to format.