LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with modified Driver / Geforce Go 7400

Guest Grimnir

Guest Grimnir

Hi there,

i have some problems with the modified drivers i tested (two). i deinstalled the old ones and installed the new (by setup method). till this point everything is ok.

i started windows and launched a game (stalker) and played it for 2-3 mins. then suddenly the notebook turns off (no error msg). i reboot the notebook and it appears a error msg (windows logon process was closed because of an heavy system failure). then i tryed the safe mode and an error says that the video driver could not be initialized.

i tryed the safe mode with the DOS bar and deinstalled the modified driver. i have no idea why it doesn't work. when i deinstalled the old driver (from HP / May 2006) and reboot to install the new one the notebook instantly installed an older one (December 2005) - may this cause the problems?