LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia Quadro FX1600M to 8700M GT

Guest pontiac

Guest pontiac

Hi!

I got a HP notebook with nVidia Quadro FX1600M 512MB GDDR3 VGA..if I know right, than this is a 8700M GT, changed to suppoer AutoCAD and other 3d programs more and games lesser...is it possible to change it back to 8700M GT, so it could run games on true speed? (Maybe with another BIOS?)

Please help !! Thank you!

Hi!

I got a HP notebook with nVidia Quadro FX1600M 512MB GDDR3 VGA..if I know right, than this is a 8700M GT, changed to suppoer AutoCAD and other 3d programs more and games lesser...is it possible to change it back to 8700M GT, so it could run games on true speed? (Maybe with another BIOS?)

Please help !! Thank you!

Hi pontiac,

Yes It's possible, theroretically (cose there are more core revisions) this is same-identical graphic chip. For that you can try to use latest (at the time v2.06) Rivatuner:

http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

1. run Rivatuner (If it's the first time, be patient while Rivatuner rebuilds driver database)

2. click on the Customize "arrow" under "Targer adapter" & select 1st Icon from the left side called "low-level system settings"...

3, click on "Install" button to activate Rivatuner NVStrapDriver low-level system service, which is needed for tranformation between Quadro / Geforce families...

4, now you can see new settings - for you is important PCI DeviceID Settings - under "Graphics Adapter" there is by default selected "determine by hardware" option -> you need change it to:

"custom".

5, next you need also exactly set new PCI DeviceID string - to "transform" into GeForce 8700M GT, you will need find string "0409" manually via arrows at the ride side...

6, leave other options as is & click Apply / OK.

7, Restart Windows - (after restart screen resolution will "jumps" to VGA unaccelerated mode, so no fear) Windows will search for new hardware :-P -> cancel this operation.

8, After that, Install proper mobile Forceware drivers with GeForce 8700M GT support. It would be best via setup.exe from Forceware driver folder.

Core / Shader / Memory Clock values are by default controlled via GFX card VideoBIOS so these values after "transformation" will still be same.

Note If you interest about over / underclocking your GFX card - use some of latest Beta forceware drivers with modified INF file for mobile nvidia chips,

cose over / underclocking is not possible with many official forceware mobile driver releases due to nVidia lock.

Happy modding ;-)

Regards,

Dussh

Probably no point as the speed difference is minuscule or nonexistent.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pontiac
Probably no point as the speed difference is minuscule or nonexistent.

So, this means the nVidia Quadro FX1600M on default settings allready have the same performance in games as a 8700M GT?

About - but differences may pop up on different games. Basically the default clocks are the same and every benchmark I've seen gives about identical results. Some comparison I saw somewhere did even show 8700M to beat 8600M SLI in some game. That's why it's best to keep clear of SLI and rather buy 8800M GTX to have the best of all. It doubles 8700M GT FPS figures (at least).