LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver not updating...

kidRiot

Ok, so i download 169.09 and extracted it. I also downloaded the corresponding INF file, and put it in the folder that i extracted the 169.09

I run the setup.exe that came with the 169.09 and im guessing it installed, because it went through the whole installation process, then it asks to restart, and i restart it.

But i go and look at my driver for Nvidia, and it doesnt say 169.09, and i notice BF2 is still choppy as hell.

Am i installing this right?

Guest Shmakley
Ok, so i download 169.09 and extracted it. I also downloaded the corresponding INF file, and put it in the folder that i extracted the 169.09

I run the setup.exe that came with the 169.09 and im guessing it installed, because it went through the whole installation process, then it asks to restart, and i restart it.

But i go and look at my driver for Nvidia, and it doesnt say 169.09, and i notice BF2 is still choppy as hell.

Am i installing this right?

I had the same problem with that driver when I tried installing it a while ago. Try the 167.45 Dell drivers from the site archive. They seem to be the most stable and best performing for Vista and most games (at least for me).

I don't think that you'll have a problem installing them.