LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo Xi1526, upgrade possible?

SgtStrider

Is it possible to upgrade my 7600 Go to 7900 Go? And if so; do I need to modify my heatsink? I checked some sellers and the 7900 is available as an MXM-card so if it is possible I would get it immediately :)

Heatsink mods depend on actual card.

If the card is MXM standard, chances are it will work but obviously I'm not taking responsability.

The x1900 also works, off course :)

Heatsink mods depend on actual card.

If the card is MXM standard, chances are it will work but obviously I'm not taking responsability.

The x1900 also works, off course :)

you seems to know what cards are compatible with an amilo xi 1526... I 've got one too but the graphic card seems to be dead , ( or ready to die)

Can you confirm the x1900 saled by mxm-upgrade is fully compatible with this notebook ? the go 7600 seems to be unavailable, even with the officiel support.

I ve called them today, they sell the card for around 510 euros ( :) ) but they don't know when they ll receive it....

waiting for your answer, thanks a lot :P

you seems to know what cards are compatible with an amilo xi 1526... I 've got one too but the graphic card seems to be dead , ( or ready to die)

Can you confirm the x1900 saled by mxm-upgrade is fully compatible with this notebook ? the go 7600 seems to be unavailable, even with the officiel support.

I ve called them today, they sell the card for around 510 euros ( :) ) but they don't know when they ll receive it....

waiting for your answer, thanks a lot :P

I am MXM Upgrade, actually :)

So yeah, the x1900 works just fine.

waiting for your answer, thanks a lot :)

@nytro,

If I can get my new graphics card working, I can sell you my old one :P (7600 stock from Fujitsu Siemens).

@Ice-Tea;

At your website you state the X1900 may require a minor heatsink modification to the Xi models. What does does include?

@nytro,

If I can get my new graphics card working, I can sell you my old one :) (7600 stock from Fujitsu Siemens).

@Ice-Tea;

At your website you state the X1900 may require a minor heatsink modification to the Xi models. What does does include?

Some components on the card might be a tad high, preventing correct heatsink - die contact. In that case, some aluminium has to be removed from the heatsink. To be honnest, I think it is only required for Amilo Pi's, but I prefer to list it just in case.