LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Edited

Guest Ed Oscuro

Guest Ed Oscuro

I haven't seen anything about GPUs more advanced than an 8800M GT/GTX coming to laptops in the near future (that being reported about October last year)

If somebody knows about something yet newer coming out, please tell! If not, I'm still interested to find out what the product release cycle for MXM cards is like: How close do these cards release to the desktop versions, and how long between iterations (usually)? Especially wondering about the 9XXX series of GeForce MXM-III GPUs for mobile.

Finally, any tips on getting an upgrade directly from Asus? I've poked about their website, no answers yet. Haven't joined their forum yet though, so I might do that and ask a question soon.

Given that the G2S is not an MXM notebook, I'm not sure how much good that will do you :)

Guest Ed_Oscuro

Bah, alright! I was planning on going to Asus anyhow in order to ask about upgrades, since I don't want to cut up my nice laptop; still, this makes it harder...

Now looking at Google I see more people saying the same thing, so I guess G2Ses have been examined (mine is a B2, but it's identical to previous units, just more RAM, different processor). I can still do some work if that's wanted.

I'm going to try to edit my first post, but if I can't could somebody else do it? Searching Google with G2S MXM shows this thread, and I don't want to spread misinformation.

Thanks again, Ice-Tea; shame that notebook users are still being herded along with an anti-consumer scam of sorts even though a standard exists.

• 3 weeks later...

Ed Oscuro, what is the title for this thread you want us to put in. Currently it#s misleading: "Edited, Edited on OP's request"

The original poster asked to edit the title because it ended up high in Google search on the subject. He feared it might lead to confusion about the notebook being MXM or not.