LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Max temp for my 8600m gt

lordmonkey

Hi everyone :)

i'm new here so please forgive my mistakes and wrong placement of this topic.

recently i received my brand new laptop - compal ifl90 with geforce 8600m gt with 512 vram :) i've been trying to improve it by OC and i got ~80 - 91^C (max) on playing games such as crysis or nfs prostreet. on other topics i've read that people get 60-70. is that really bad about my temps on gpu? on non overclocked gpu i get ~85^C.

BTW

if i buy something like zalman cooler pad under my laptop will it be good? anybody using something like this?

this will be good?

Edited by lordmonkey

• 3 weeks later...

I get max 92ºC when stressing overclocked GPU with standard cooler. So far no problems whatsoever.

nTune alarm rate was set to 127ºC as default. I set it to 99ºC, which I think is hot enough to boil water for occasional cup of tea.

• 1 month later...
Guest ari0n
Hi everyone :)

i'm new here so please forgive my mistakes and wrong placement of this topic.

recently i received my brand new laptop - compal ifl90 with geforce 8600m gt with 512 vram :) i've been trying to improve it by OC and i got ~80 - 91^C (max) on playing games such as crysis or nfs prostreet. on other topics i've read that people get 60-70. is that really bad about my temps on gpu? on non overclocked gpu i get ~85^C.

BTW

if i buy something like zalman cooler pad under my laptop will it be good? anybody using something like this?

this will be good?

Try to change your thermal compound. I have same laptop and had same problem.

After i changed this (both- under CPU and GPU), i got 10 degrees less temp.

But you have to take laptop comletely apart.