LaptopVideo2Go Forums

vgpu mod on 8400M G

Guest john

Hi,

i have an asus notebook with an nvidia geforce 8400m g 128mb on it.As expected i was not happy with my 3d performance so i agressively began overclocking.from the stock drivers and clocks(101.34,core/shaders/mem 400/800/600 with almost 2200 3dmarks in 05) i took the card to it's limits reaching 650/1550/1030-using atitool and rivatuner- and with a new record in 3dmark 05 with the new 171.16 drivers-4445 points.i know i've already done more than enough but i am very greedy as you can see and i want to max this thingie out.is there any chance of overvoltaging so i can reach greater clocks?if yes,which tool should i use?atitool's overvoltaging only works for some 1xxx ati cards.and as far as i know riva tuner does not have an option for this.i also tried flashing the bios with nvflash 5.57 but it does not read the bios correctly.Any ideas?

ahahh, better cherish your laptop before it melts!! voltmod on lappy very rare I say~~

ahahh, better cherish your laptop before it melts!! voltmod on lappy very rare I say~~

nahhh, it's a 17.2 inch lappie...big enough for anything:D(it even has tv-tuner inside),also there have been upgrades from asus on the very same laptop (A7S-7S006C->A7S-A1/A2).The last ones have 8600M GS inside so that could be pointing me at MXM posibilities:P.even though very rare i want to try it!i am either going to juice everything out of it or upgrade the GPU.no remorse:D.period.Now someone who has an idea plz point me somewhere.cheers

Hi,

i have an asus notebook with an nvidia geforce 8400m g 128mb on it.As expected i was not happy with my 3d performance so i agressively began overclocking.from the stock drivers and clocks(101.34,core/shaders/mem 400/800/600 with almost 2200 3dmarks in 05) i took the card to it's limits reaching 650/1550/1030-using atitool and rivatuner- and with a new record in 3dmark 05 with the new 171.16 drivers-4445 points.i know i've already done more than enough but i am very greedy as you can see and i want to max this thingie out.is there any chance of overvoltaging so i can reach greater clocks?if yes,which tool should i use?atitool's overvoltaging only works for some 1xxx ati cards.and as far as i know riva tuner does not have an option for this.i also tried flashing the bios with nvflash 5.57 but it does not read the bios correctly.Any ideas?

i have the same card and i was wondering if you could help me out. Whenever i try to bring it to 400/800/600 it makes my screen go crazy and all my colors get messed up. Did you have the same issue when you were doin it? Thanks.

i have the same card and i was wondering if you could help me out. Whenever i try to bring it to 400/800/600 it makes my screen go crazy and all my colors get messed up. Did you have the same issue when you were doin it? Thanks.

Means you are overclocking too much, not all chips overclock the same as much, some can overclock to 100mhz higher, some only get to maybe 70mhz not heating up but showing what you called "screen go crazy" means you have having artifacts which also means, your card have lower quality.... but with the stock speed, you should not notice any difference for lifetime of the chip.

happy overclocking/cooking... :)

Morris Lee

Means you are overclocking too much, not all chips overclock the same as much, some can overclock to 100mhz higher, some only get to maybe 70mhz not heating up but showing what you called "screen go crazy" means you have having artifacts which also means, your card have lower quality.... but with the stock speed, you should not notice any difference for lifetime of the chip.

happy overclocking/cooking... :)

Morris Lee

thanks a lot,

sorry one last quick question. When i click find max core in atitool it says that i have to enable visual testing through display settings and enable monitor output or something but i can't find it, did you have the same thing when u were using it?

sorry to say, I don't use ati tray tools to OC, I only used ntune with older drivers to test stability, then, I reconfigur the bios and flash it in it, so it is always auto ocing for me~~ :)