LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MacBook Pro SR 2.4GHz GeForce 8600M GT

mciarlo

New to the forums here--I have been trying drivers all day long. So far I have tried:

I am using Windows Vista 32-bit. I had good experiences with the 171.16 and 169.04, but I had some stuttering problems in a few games (NR2003 and Halo: CE) Also, in Halo textures were popping in and out, although the game ran smoothly.

If anyone can recommend a driver that's been giving great performance on their MBP I'd really appreciate it. I can't decide which one to use, or if I've missed a good stable version.

The latest one is almost always the best for playing games, it has the most fixes etc, if the latest one works well for you, then stick with it

I've been using the 171.16 set since they came out with good results. Based on my experiences the newest are usually the best as the above poster specified.

I'd like to note that the 170 series drivers gave me the biggest jump in performance that I've seen thus far.

ahhaha, you guys are funny, newest is NOT the best, new updates may conflicts with older games, and for mciarlo, I recall haveing stuttering problem and texture problem when I was running halo PC on vista 64 bit, but since with the the same problems with few other games, I decided to revert back to 32 bit, never tried halo PC after that... :)

Morris Lee

I've been using the 171.16 because while there was no appreciable difference, it's the newest. I still get the textures popping in and out in Halo:CE, but I was able to run Need for Speed Most Wanted 1600x1000 4X Anistrophic 4X AA, all settings maxed.

I have yet to try the Crysis demo, but I am now getting the kind of performance I would expect from my system. I haven't noticed many MBP owners around these boards, but if I find a driver that works well, I will be sure to post it.

well, good luck to you, cause I am not very familiar with Mac hardware difference to PC's

Morris Lee