LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony Vaio Power Management issue

ne0star

I have a Sony Vaio FS315M Running Windows Vista Ultimate. I have all the latest sony utilities and the latest 32bit Nvidia vista drivers using the moddified inf.

The problem is I can't get windows to automatically reduce the screen brightness when I remove the power lead. This was a basic function that was present in XP and worked perfectly. I have read all the articles on here and club vaio. I have entered the 'smart dimmer' lines into the inf which did bring up extra options under the windows power management, but they have no effect. I have tried using the nvidia drivers provided by Sony.

The thing is I can adjust my screen brightness prefectly using the Fn keys which I know was an issue for a lot of people, it just won't reduce the brightness when switching to battery.

Has anyone successfully managed to get this functionality working on a vaio using Vista?

Here is my system spec

Pentium M 770 2.13Ghz

Nvidia Geforce 6400

2 Gig of system memory

Windows Vista Ultimate

Apart from that all other power related options work prefectly.

Any help or for someone to tell me it simply won't ever work would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dan