LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can somebody advise me what these are linked to?

KUDOS

OK I shall cut a long story short, my desktop PC descided to die on me, so I have installed Vista on my laptop which I have upgraded a little, new memory and HDD. I have just taken a look at the Problem Report and found there are some items in there which need addressing, but, for the life of me I cannot work out what the heck these are for and/or what hardware they are relating to. Could somebody please tell me what these are relating to...? I think they might be the GFX card which will be resolved as soon as I install the drivers. Touch Pad, USB Controller...? and the rest don't know. I'm not novice when it comes to computers but this is really taxing my brain, if there was a more and clear explanation then I could find out what the PnP hardware which was causing the error but the Hardware ID does not tell me anything does it really.

Could somebody help me out here please.

NUMBER 1

Description [Not sure what this is either]

Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is ACPI\CMP0101.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound

Architecture: x86

Hardware Id: ACPI\CMP0101

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 3433923

NUMBER 2

Description [No Idea what the heck this is]

Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_02.

Problem signature

Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_02

Bucket ID: 3438109

NUMBER 3

Description [RESOLVED] GFX card

Windows installed driver software that supports the basic features of your Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Its manufacturer may provide software that enables additional features.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPGenericDriverFound

Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0324&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_A1

Bucket ID: 7363041

NUMBER 4 [RESOLVED] This was updated by Microsoft

Description

Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is PCMCIA\TOSHIBA-Wireless_LAN_Card-E5D7.

Problem signature

Hardware Id: PCMCIA\TOSHIBA-Wireless_LAN_Card-E5D7

Bucket ID: 3409742

Thanl you

Edited by KUDOS

These are the devices:

1. Compal e-Power Driver

2. Realtek ALC202 AC'97 Audio (download from: http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/236154/r...-download.html)

3. Geforce FX Go 5100

4. Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card (E5D7)

For #3, naturally you'll want one of LV2Go's modded driver releases. 1 and 4 seem to only be supported on XP, unless MS provides them in Vista or Windows Update...

Edited by colsaunders2

These are the devices:

1. Compal e-Power Driver

2. Realtek ALC202 AC'97 Audio (download from: http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/236154/r...-download.html)

3. Geforce FX Go 5100

4. Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card (E5D7)

For #3, naturally you'll want one of LV2Go's modded driver releases. 1 and 4 seem to only be supported on XP, unless MS provides them in Vista or Windows Update...

Awesome, as I suspected to be honest, thank you very much for that, much appreciated. :)