LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia GeForce 8600M GT

Guest Tyler

Hi all,

I recently purchased my laptop off newegg. The problem I am having is when playing World of Warcraft, my screen freezes and goes black. Sometimes it will goto a blue screen saying there's a graphics driver problem, and sometimes it just stays black. I've gone to the nVidia website and they don't support the drivers, and point me towards Lenovo support site. I also can't find the drivers easily there.

Here is my laptop info, if it helps:

Manufacturer: Cyberpower, Inc.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, T7700 @ 2.4 GHz

Memory(RAM): 4095MB

Does anyone else have this problem and know how it might be fixed? I don't have any experience with fixing/modding drivers. Also, I tried to install the newest drivers from laptopvideo2go but it hasn't fixed the problem. It says I have Driver Version 7.15.11.5615.

Could this simply be a problem with Vista? I do have a copy of XP that I could put on, but would like to stay useing Vista if at all possible.

Thanks for any info,

Tyler

Same problem here, the asus g2s have many problems with games.

Firts crashes problems i got with need for speed, crashes after play for 10 minutes, before with crysis, and now with World of Warcraft, problems, problems and more problems.

:)

Edited by Mauro Hinz

when you installed the driver, does it ask you to install anyway? and if so, when you install it anyway, does it ask you to reboot(of course you reboot here) and check if the driver is actually updated by right-click on your desktop then open up the nvidia control panel, (I believe it is under Help->System info in english, since i am using Chinese Windows)

Morris lee

Guest Michelle
Same problem here, the asus g2s have many problems with games.

Firts crashes problems i got with need for speed, crashes after play for 10 minutes, before with crysis, and now with World of Warcraft, problems, problems and more problems.

:)

I have the same issue with my G2 when playing WOW god is it fustrating

I am having the exact same problem...and I'm stupid and just tried to uninstall my driver hoping then I would be able to reinstall an updated version, and now I can't play at all. Any hope yet?

Well, you need to make sure you uninstall old drivers befor installing new ones.

During installation it will come up with an authentication warning, click install anyway.

BTW are you overclocking at all?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PanDeBastage
I am having the exact same problem...and I'm stupid and just tried to uninstall my driver hoping then I would be able to reinstall an updated version, and now I can't play at all. Any hope yet?

I bought a Dell 1720 in November 07. I have 4GB RAM, T7700 and NVidia 8600M GT. I'm getting the same issues, but they only started occuring after the latest WoW patch. Not sure if 2.4 will fix it. There is a new driver that came out in Dec 07, but when you try to download from the Nvidia site, it notes that you can only install drivers from Dell. Dell doesn't have the 12/08 update. I then went to Omega and they noted that they haven't completed the 8600 lappie drivers yet. I'm going to keep checking in there as the Omega updates of NVidia drivers always seemed to work well for me in the past.

I get the go to black screen, then in a minutes it pops WoW back open. I don't even see the message until I Alt+Tab to the desktop. Sometimes I see the message, sometimes I don't. At some points I get a message from WoW saying I need DirectX 9.0c. Of course this card is DirectX 10. One day I'll be cruising along at 65fps, then the next day I'm lucky to get 18fps when there isn't much movement on the screen but if I go into SW or Shat, it goes down to between 4 to 7fps. So here I am with a rig that should be running WoW with no probs at all.

One ither issue I get is how long it takes WoW to load and exit. I know some of this may be due to the UI mods I'm running. However, I timed it last night. When I hit "Exit now" it takes 2.5 min to go back to the desktop.

I can't tell you how pissed I am to have purchased a $4k lappie that should be smokin' with WoW? This game runs faster on an old 2ghz rig I built with an old Nvidia TI-4600!

Is it WoW? Maybe. Is it Dell? Who knows but probably not. Is it the NVidia driver vs Vista Ultimate? Probably.

If anyone hears about a fix, please e-mail me at:

mrbastage at comcast dot net

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest bossyboots

Heyall,

i am getting exact same problem. but i have the little brother 8600m gs lol. >< i get the problem with warcraft 3. jumps straight to the blue screen of death for around 1 sec after around 15mins of gaming. its happens so fast i cant read anything, but i kno its not the memory ram dump.

I saw it say something bout driver and manufacturer + harddisk.

So i'm thinking its drivers not being supported properly.

tried benq original XP drivers and some laptopvideo2go ones and still get the problem.

anybody solved it before? what version video driver works?

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Cain

Well if you have any overclocking on your card, the first speed setting to give you problems is your Memory Clock as it is usually Hynex or something cheap like that. Cheap is just being relatively. Lower the speeds about 30 MHz for the Memory and try and a little lower on your Core Clock and your shader clock.

If you are not using OC then try these few steps.

If you have an 8600 M GT 256 GDDR3, use the latest drivers 175.16 I think. They work phenomenal. Always reboot your computer after installing the drivers.

If that doesn't work for you try reverting back to 169.21 or 169.44, very stable high performance drivers.

Some settings that might Help:

Lower your resolution and try to keep resolutions in the 16:10 Aspect Ration, its the default for a 15.4" laptop with our cards.

1600 x 1050

1440 x 900

1280 x 768

1024 x 640 (this actually looks good)

The FULL SCREEN GLOW of WoW kills our cards for some reason. It drops FPS 20-30 sometimes for now reason. We have the same problem with smoke, especially smoke grenades in CoD4, Cstrike, and smoke/environmental fog in Crysis.

• 1 month later...
Guest Wrongip

Hello!

I fixed it on my Asus Book under WinXP. I deinstalled nvidia drivers - rebooted. Searched c: for nv4* and deleted all found - rebooted. After that i installed Nvidia 163.75 found on Nvida Site with the hacked .inf - rebooted once again and it works fine! No more Crashes in WoW. :)

Great! Good to see it's working now.

woot more WoW fans XD