LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can't overclock, HP DV9700t, Riva Tuner 1.71 or 1.6925

gt4point6

Ive tried both the 1.71 and the 1.6925 drivers and when using RivaTuner and I increase the clocks, hit apply and then OK. As soon as I hit OK, it goes back to the factory setting. I can decrease it and it stays but not increase. I followed the advice in this thread and have the same screen he shows but it ends up differently. What am I missing?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15883

Vista 32 H Premium

8600 GS

HP DV9700T

Dual core 2.2

3 g ram

TIA,

Kevin

Edited by gt4point6

Ive tried both the 1.71 and the 1.6925 drivers and when using RivaTuner and I increase the clocks, hit apply and then OK. As soon as I hit OK, it goes back to the factory setting. I can decrease it and it stays but not increase. I followed the advice in this thread and have the same screen he shows but it ends up differently. What am I missing?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15883

Vista 32 H Premium

8600 GS

HP DV9700T

Dual core 2.2

3 g ram

TIA,

Kevin

I installed RivaTuner on my desktop and it works GREAT on the ATI Radeon X1650 Pro. To bad it's not the same on the lap top.

• 6 months later...
Guest Twilightman

I have not had any luck overclocking the RAM or Core clock, however the shader overclocks just fine. I've cranked it up to 1350 with reasonable heat (75C Av) with a nice performance increase. Lets me play Bioshock on full detail at 1078-768 at 30fps. An increase from 25-30 at 800-600 at medium detail.