LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Inspiron 1520 Vista Reinstall

Rag

Sup LV2G members,

i have a dell inspiron 1520 and i want to reinstall vista home premium 32 bit (came with system) just because i have alot of rubbish installed and have knowticed that its not as quick as it used to be.. anyway i was just wondering wat is the best way to go about this (all i have is the dell os cd that came with system)... btw i formatted the dell recovery partition and put xp 32bit on it .. just wondering if i will need to call ms and get a new product key or if i even really need to active since its oem... any help or thoughts? thanks

I had a hard drive fault and had to replace and do a full reinstall myself on the same system. It was easy, just pop the disc in and it lets you format and manage your partitions. The product code is attached to the bios of your mobo so you don't have to do anything else, just trawl the Dell site for drivers! I seem to remember there being some research I did on raid drivers and a bios setting, but I didn't actually have to do anything myself - might have just affected older bios revisions...(?)

Thanks for the reply mate in gunna reinstall as soon as i get some free time