LaptopVideo2Go Forums

not benchmark anymoar xD

F3nNec

WOW, Your great man!! :P

I have the exact same laptop, also a Asus A6Km (you have a AMD Turion64 MT-32 processor, right?) It is great to see what driver is the best, i currently use the 156.57 forceware...a old one :rofl:

Your downclocked processor is very good, is it running at 1.8Ghz on 0.975v? :) Overclock for the Geforce is amazing as well. Keep it up! :)

How can it be that your CPU and GPU are so cool...mine are hotter like hell :P

You have the AMD Turion ML-34 processor I see...bummer, I would like to have such a nice and undervolted CPU as well.

Edited by Cubic X

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F3nNec

• Andrew55

• andy1992

• Odellus

WOW, Your great man!! :thumbsup:

I have the exact same laptop, also a Asus A6Km (you have a AMD Turion64 MT-32 processor, right?) It is great to see what driver is the best, i currently use the 156.57 forceware...a old one :(

Your downclocked processor is very good, is it running at 1.8Ghz on 0.975v? :P Overclock for the Geforce is amazing as well. Keep it up! :rofl:

How can it be that your CPU and GPU are so cool...mine are hotter like hell :thumbsup:

You have the AMD Turion ML-34 processor I see...bummer, I would like to have such a nice and undervolted CPU as well.

hey kthx! yeah itz a AMD Turion 1.8GHz 1MB L2 cache ML-34 processor( but not downclocked itz "undervoltaged" running exactly at 1.8GHz on 0.975v.

I am using standart lappy cooling, maybe itz kool, coz now my room temperature is 21° C (without air-conditioning), now is cloudy :) (with some rain), but i look at temperatures yesterday (it was sunny - outside temp was 30° C uf) and GPU temp was 71° C & CPU temp was 47° C = full load :P

try thiz software RMClock - u cant do any bad with it, just experiment and seh!

my undervoltaged CPU settings r hea:

#/ FID/ VID

0. 4.0x(0.8GHz) 0.8250v

1. 5.0x(1.0GHz) 0.8500v

2. 6.0x(1.2GHz) 0.9000v

3. 7.0x(1.4GHz) 0.9250v

4. 8.0x(1.6GHz) 0.9500v

5. 9.0x(1.8Ghz) 0.9750v

mai b it helpz! cheerz!11 adioz! :)

added 175.19 = retarded driver :)

Hey yall

Sorry to bother but I'm kinda lost right now...

My laptop has been overheating like hell n I'm not sure if the problem is from the geforce or other thing so I wanted to know if this driver you recommend the 165.. is the best one for any configuration

Right now i have a toshiba A100-326 , T7400, geforce go 7300 like you all, windows xp sp3, 2GB ram

And I'm tryin to get this working as good as new cause I'm gonna buy the new clevo bomb n this laptop is going for my sis.

So right now it is working normally, i mean, no overclockin or anything like that 'cause i have no idea how that thing works and what are the real advantages of that and all... right now all i want is for it to work as smooth as possible, with no overheating and for the battery to last as much as possible!

can someone help me»?

Hey yall

Sorry to bother but I'm kinda lost right now...

My laptop has been overheating like hell n I'm not sure if the problem is from the geforce or other thing so I wanted to know if this driver you recommend the 165.. is the best one for any configuration

Right now i have a toshiba A100-326 , T7400, geforce go 7300 like you all, windows xp sp3, 2GB ram

And I'm tryin to get this working as good as new cause I'm gonna buy the new clevo bomb n this laptop is going for my sis.

So right now it is working normally, i mean, no overclockin or anything like that 'cause i have no idea how that thing works and what are the real advantages of that and all... right now all i want is for it to work as smooth as possible, with no overheating and for the battery to last as much as possible!

can someone help me»?

yeah, that 165.42 is exactly best driver = i've best performance with it.

about ur lappy: whai iz it overheating? when itz idle, it must have normal temp (not hot) and when ur gaming or watch some HD movie, temp will rise and heat 2 that iz normal. i dont nou were u live and what iz ur room temperature, (mine iz 21° C)just make sure ur lappy'z fan is not covered with some wall or thing = thatz maybe teh source of heat

about battery: ur GeForce haz powermizer, it downclocks ur grafix when ur on battery, so u stay longer.

mai b i helpz! cheerz!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys just a quick headsup, I was overclocking my card for the first time, and I would highly caution you about going higher than 480 core, 820 memory. Any higher than 485 and you will start getting artifacts, and: I was at 835 memory and went ahead and bumped it to 855 because someone said they got their's to 900, but my system started getting short little dashes across the screen going up and down and then BSOD'd. Luckily I recovered quickly and gained a total of 8 FPS from overclocking with an idle temperature of ~55C, full load at ~65C. One question though, when I get my cooling unit in about 5 days, will it allow me to raise my core/memory clock without getting any artifacts/errors?

Guys just a quick headsup, I was overclocking my card for the first time, and I would highly caution you about going higher than 480 core, 820 memory. Any higher than 485 and you will start getting artifacts, and: I was at 835 memory and went ahead and bumped it to 855 because someone said they got their's to 900, but my system started getting short little dashes across the screen going up and down and then BSOD'd. Luckily I recovered quickly and gained a total of 8 FPS from overclocking with an idle temperature of ~55C, full load at ~65C. One question though, when I get my cooling unit in about 5 days, will it allow me to raise my core/memory clock without getting any artifacts/errors?

of course cooling unit helpz, but dont overclock it 2 much, coz itz a LOW-BUDGET grafix eg = u dont have much performance with it!

gh00d luk with OC :)

I'm going to upgrade to an X1400 in a few days. I can't wait :) :)

E: For now though, what are your clocks F3nNec?

Edited by Odellus

Hey man i have a Go 7400 with dual-GPU. Can this be any good to them... all threads to go 7400 are pretty confuse, no "straight-line-for-dummies" like this great one. Keep rolling, its a great job. BTW im using sh*tty 156.55 and they are awful. i will test 174.31, liked the results above.

Well, now i'm using the 175.63 from Xtreme-G. They're overclocked in 450/905 completely stable (defaults 450/800, go far into 525/910 but with sh*tty memory bandwith 64 bits there is no point to overclock the core, the performance gain is ridiculous). I noticied a huge gain of performance on PES 2008. i can run it into 1280x800 (full res) on medium with vsync stalled ate 49-50fps. Pretty good. Can also run it at 800x600 high with vsync stalled at 45 fps, but there is no point since the image quality is worse , more edged and distorced than 1280x800. BTW at this configs i can make 1108 pts on 3dmark06. Its not the best ive got (i've managed to get 1213 with a driver that i cant remember, core clocks 520/900) but the game that matters is pretty smooth, my previous driver made 39 fps on 1280x800 medium without Vsync in stock , 10 fps gain is too great to leave by... i'll keep trying and posting results here

I'm going to upgrade to an X1400 in a few days. I can't wait :P :)

E: For now though, what are your clocks F3nNec?

my clokz 4 nau r = 500MHz core, 850MHz memory. iv got thiz 4 seven monthz! no probz! = :)

Hey man i have a Go 7400 with dual-GPU. Can this be any good to them... all threads to go 7400 are pretty confuse, no "straight-line-for-dummies" like this great one. Keep rolling, its a great job. BTW im using sh*tty 156.55 and they are awful. i will test 174.31, liked the results above.
Well, now i'm using the 175.63 from Xtreme-G. They're overclocked in 450/905 completely stable (defaults 450/800, go far into 525/910 but with sh*tty memory bandwith 64 bits there is no point to overclock the core, the performance gain is ridiculous). I noticied a huge gain of performance on PES 2008. i can run it into 1280x800 (full res) on medium with vsync stalled ate 49-50fps. Pretty good. Can also run it at 800x600 high with vsync stalled at 45 fps, but there is no point since the image quality is worse , more edged and distorced than 1280x800. BTW at this configs i can make 1108 pts on 3dmark06. Its not the best ive got (i've managed to get 1213 with a driver that i cant remember, core clocks 520/900) but the game that matters is pretty smooth, my previous driver made 39 fps on 1280x800 medium without Vsync in stock , 10 fps gain is too great to leave by... i'll keep trying and posting results here

nice results, kthx 4 support guyz! :rofl:

btw i think Vsync is bad 4 gamez, trai without it, coz it will gif u a better performance :P

Edited by F3nNec

hey f3nnec, how did u undervolted your processor?i have a 90nm turionx2 1.6 taylor core and i think that 1.375v for it is too high. a c2d e8400 desktop uses 1.36v.

hey f3nnec, how did u undervolted your processor?i have a 90nm turionx2 1.6 taylor core and i think that 1.375v for it is too high. a c2d e8400 desktop uses 1.36v.

hey there! i use RMCLock itz good utility 2 undervoltage ur processor.

and 2 test new settingz, i use thiz Prime95 x64 (on their website, u can find x86 version 2 :P

how 2 undervoltage, trai read sum advices on RMClock website, or u can Google ur 90nm AMD Turion X2 1.6 "Taylor Core" for best undervoltage settings (just lyke meh, i Google and find same proc, trai sum FID, VID settingz & test in Prime95

i gif u sum advice 2 :P itz not overclocking, itz undervoltage (u cant frai or destroi ur processor, so itz safe)

when u adjust ur personal settings, test them in Prime95 for about 1 hour, if there will no errorz, u can stick with new settings, njoi new performance & extended battery power =)

if u add 2 low voltage, itsok, u will have BSOD or ur windows will freeze, just restart pc and it will b OK then u can trai new settings

itz about testing... when u will have optimal settings u can use them

i think, Google will hef more info then meh, so trai it! & ghud luk! :)

(btw i hef all thiz info from Google :) )

Edited by F3nNec

my clokz 4 nau r = 525MHz core, 850MHz memory. iv got thiz 4 seven monthz! no probz! = :)

nice results, kthx 4 support guyz! :P

btw i think Vsync is bad 4 gamez, trai without it, coz it will gif u a better performance :)

Are you using external cooling?

i guess this should apply to my 7400 as their basicly the same?

Are you using external cooling?

nope, normal r00m temp 21 ° C :)

i guess this should apply to my 7400 as their basicly the same?

yeah, 7400 difference is in memory clock ( 900MHz)

I'm probably going to sell this one if my dad lets me. We could sell it for around $1,000 and buy a new one with: 17" WXGA+ 1440x900, T8100 @ 2.1GHz, 8600M GT SLI, 2GB RAM.

Edited by Odellus

I'm probably going to sell this one if my dad lets me. We could sell it for around $1,000 and buy a new one with: 17" WXGA+ 1440x900, T8100 @ 2.1GHz, 8600M GT SLI, 2GB RAM.

nais chois & ghud luk! :)

$1000 is a bit on the pricey side don't you agree? I mean you can get a laptop with a c2d 2.0Ghz, nvidia 8600m gs and 2gb ram for the same price.

Guest Guest

im trying to run stalker on a Dell Inspirion E1505 with GO 7300 and would like to try 165.42 but cannot find the right inf. i tried using the modded one from 165.01 and changing the version but that caused graphical problems. does anyone have a modded inf for xp 32 bit for the go 7300?

Why don't you try the newer 169.04 drivers with that modded inf.

Performance is almost the same.

Guest Guest

i tried the 169.04. they make the game crash to the desktop every few minutes. most of the other drivers ive tried today just end up with the graphics card crashing and leaving me on 4 bit color and super low resolution but at longer intervals, so i still gotta keep searching.

im trying to run stalker on a Dell Inspirion E1505 with GO 7300 and would like to try 165.42 but cannot find the right inf. i tried using the modded one from 165.01 and changing the version but that caused graphical problems. does anyone have a modded inf for xp 32 bit for the go 7300?

ZOMFG it iz! next taim trai 2 search topic before posting :) btw a plai stalker with 165.42 with no problemo :) and game sux, i was w8ting 6 yearz!!! for it, i am dissapoint -_-

Why don't you try the newer 169.04 drivers with that modded inf.

Performance is almost the same.

no it iz not! luk at benchz! btw i am using it and itz TEH BEST driver for Go 7300 :P

Edited by F3nNec

Guest Guest

the install for 165.42 cant find nvcuda.dll and a couple of other dll's. im not sure if those are for 64 or higher bit systems or if the drivers were just missing files, but i tried downloading the driver from nvidias website and then replacing the inf with the one you gave me and had the same result. are you sure that the inf you posted for me is 32 bit?

the install for 165.42 cant find nvcuda.dll and a couple of other dll's. im not sure if those are for 64 or higher bit systems or if the drivers were just missing files, but i tried downloading the driver from nvidias website and then replacing the inf with the one you gave me and had the same result. are you sure that the inf you posted for me is 32 bit?

OMFG YES!!1 itz a 32-bit x86 INF!!1 dont bother if ther r missing .DLLs, coz itz normal just press cancel more times and installation will continue... i installed thiz driver 12x times and no problemo :)