LaptopVideo2Go Forums

not benchmark anymoar xD

F3nNec

Guest Guest

i installed the 165.42 and it worked pretty well just like all the others, but then the game crashed to a 4 bit color low res desktop, which is the same thing that happened with all the other drivers. would this be the card overheating or might it be damaged or something?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F3nNec

• Andrew55

• andy1992

• Odellus

i installed the 165.42 and it worked pretty well just like all the others, but then the game crashed to a 4 bit color low res desktop, which is the same thing that happened with all the other drivers. would this be the card overheating or might it be damaged or something?

mai b problem is in card, mai b in monitor, who nouz

trai sum WHQL driver 174.74 for example :)

OMFG YES!!1 itz a 32-bit x86 INF!!1 dont bother if ther r missing .DLLs, coz itz normal just press cancel more times and installation will continue... i installed thiz driver 12x times and no problemo :)

when i copy the "nv4disp" to the "16542" nothing is replaced?

wat do i do?

read post underneath this

Edited by Andrew55

The files name is not supposed to be nv4disp (if you're talking about the modded inf). It's nv_disp.inf or nvac.inf. As far as i know, that is the name of a dll file.

but it is (try it : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st&id=2155) im baffled.

What driver is this from?

Edited by Andrew55

It doesn't matter if if it is replaced or not. Does it work?

[

1)its from the 165.42

2)no it doesnt work, when the setup runs it says that i dont have surported hardware.

might be the wrong inf file but the inf is not on achive.

btw: ive tried renaming it.

anyhow since im having no luck with this, would recomend a driver for the go 7400.

Are you having trouble solely with this driver?

Are you having trouble solely with this driver?

yeah, just this one.

[

1)its from the 165.42

2)no it doesnt work, when the setup runs it says that i dont have surported hardware.

might be the wrong inf file but the inf is not on achive.

btw: ive tried renaming it.

anyhow since im having no luck with this, would recomend a driver for the go 7400.

hey problem was in INFs! thei wer 4 Go 7300 ONLY! now u can find proper INFs for 165.42 on front page of thiz topic :)

cheerz!11 :P

EDIT: delete plz "nv4dispd" in 165.42 folder and add proper INF :)

Edited by F3nNec

brilliant works fine now!

thank you :) ill try some bench mark tests and report back.

Can someone find me the OEM drivers from Dell? I want the very first set that came preinstalled on this laptop.

I have a few questions about you overclocking your laptop.

default clock:

core(350MHz) memory(700MHz)

overclocked: (OC)

core(500MHz) memory(850MHz)

temperature:

CPU idle= 35° C(27° C) full load b4- 58° C(48 ° C)

GPU idle= 60° C(56° C) full load b4- 75° C (65-70° C)

Wouldn't that melt your card or make your fan go to it's max?

I just tried out 165.42, performance was fast but quality is very bad. But this is a very old driver any ways. I think I'll be staying with the 177.xx series for now. :)

Edited by Shaythong

Can someone find me the OEM drivers from Dell? I want the very first set that came preinstalled on this laptop.

Dell.com

I have a few questions about you overclocking your laptop.

Wouldn't that melt your card or make your fan go to it's max?

I just tried out 165.42, performance was fast but quality is very bad. But this is a very old driver any ways. I think I'll be staying with the 177.xx series for now. :P

no card iz in solid state, i can *barely* hear fan rotating ( i mean when playin gamez, encoding to FLAC, etc...)

i flaked out :rofl: once near note, when i waz *tired* :P so fan isok :)

btw 165.42 haz best performance & quality for Go 7300 yet! mai b itz old, but ghud

i trai 169.72 todai & report benchz :)

adioz! *goin testing*

Edited by F3nNec

no card iz in solid state, i can *barely* hear fan rotating ( i mean when playin gamez, encoding to FLAC, etc...)

i flaked out :P once near note, when i waz *tired* :P so fan isok :)

btw 165.42 haz best performance & quality for Go 7300 yet! mai b itz old, but ghud

i trai 169.72 todai & report benchz :)

adioz! *goin testing*

Thanks for the info. I might even overclock my card myself and good luck trying 169.72. :rofl:

Edit: Rivatuner keeps crashing for me (screen turns blank with colored horizontal lines). This happens when I install nTune and EVGA tool too. I had to manually uninstall all of them to be safe. I've posted a topic over at Guru3D forums but if anyone knows how to fix this please do tell. I have to hold the power button to get out.

IMG00004.jpg

Edited by Shaythong

Thanks for the info. I might even overclock my card myself and good luck trying 169.72. :)

Edit: Rivatuner keeps crashing for me (screen turns blank with colored horizontal lines). This happens when I install nTune and EVGA tool too. I had to manually uninstall all of them to be safe. I've posted a topic over at Guru3D forums but if anyone knows how to fix this please do tell. I have to hold the power button to get out.

IMG00004.jpg

mai b problem iz in driver, coz its for quadro cardz ( with modified INF for Go 7xxx) and u hef i see en integrated grafix, wich i dont nou yet =D trai visit ur official site for driver :)

mai b problem iz in driver, coz its for quadro cardz ( with modified INF for Go 7xxx) and u hef i see en integrated grafix, wich i dont nou yet =D trai visit ur official site for driver :)

I can't find my driver on the HP website for Windows XP, only Vista. I currently use XG175.63 mobile drivers. I'll try Rivatuner with 165.42 (aware that they're for Quadro SDI cards), 177.79, or 175.19 again. :)

Edit: I just installed 165.42 again and the performance is outstanding! Thanks but I still come up with the same problem with Rivatuner. I tried nTune which kind of works, but I don't see any difference and it crashes sometimes.

Actually, I might stay with 177.79 for now until I get Rivatuner working I can't test out the overclock stuff with 165.42. :P

Edited by Shaythong

• 4 weeks later...

nothing 2 sai

Edited by F3nNec

• 3 months later...

Hello....

I have a Dell Inspiron 1505 laptop with Nvidia Geforce Go 7300 and with Windows Vista Home Premium OS

Since there is not 165.42 for Vista. What driver has the best performance for Vista?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the thing is after reading this topic i dant know which driver will be the best for my 7300 go gfx card ? I just want to increase the performance on games since i have still got defoult 84 driver. Could you help me ?

thanks

Edited by megatronx